Area of Interest
Electrophysiology, Biomedical Instrumentation, Biomedical Signal Processing, Artificial Organ and Rehabilitation System
Dr. Sudip Paul is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Technology, North-Eastern Hill University (NEHU), Shillong since June 2012. He completed his B.Tech degree in Biomedical Engineering from West Bengal University of Technology, 2007; M.Tech degree in Biomedical Engineering from Banaras Hindu University, 2009 and also he completed his Ph.D degree from Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi with specialization in Electrophysiology and brain signal analysis in 2015. He has also presented his research accomplishments in USA, Greece, France and South Africa. He has many credentials in his credit out of which his First Prize in Sushruta Innovation Award 2011 sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and also he also organized the 29th Annual meeting of the Society for Neurochemistry, India in 2015.
Awards and Achievements
- Science and Engineering Research Board Travel grant 2016 for SfN 2016, San Diego, USA.
- World Federation of Neurology Junior Travelling Fellowship 2016 for SfN 2016, San Diego, USA.
- Young Investigator Award 2016 to present research at 10th World Stroke Congress, Hyderabad, 2016.
- World Federation of Neurology Junior Travelling Fellowship 2015 for SfN 2015, Chicago, USA.
- Selected as the Science Communicator in the 102nd Indian Science Congress, Mumbai, 2015.
- Awarded Senior Research Fellow (UGC) 2009-2012.
- Student Achievement Award, IT-BHU Global Alumni Association, 2012.
- IBRO Sponsorship to attend the IBRO / UNESCO Advanced School, Cape Town, South Africa, 2011.
- Best Poster Award-IBRO / UNESCO School 2011, Cape Town, South Africa, 2011.
- 1st Prize Winner (Sushruta Innovation Award 2011).
- Department of Science and Technology (DST) travel grant award 2011.
- ISN Travel Award for ISN-ESN 2011, 23rd Biennial Meeting, Athens, Greece, 2011.
Ph.D Guided: 02 (Continuing)
B.Tech Project Guided:
- Design of Blind Stick Sensor
- Advance patient monitoring system based on Internet of Things (IoT)
- Design of ECG amplifier with QRS component detector Module
- Segmentation of white matter for the classification of brain MR images
Workshop / School / Training / Conference / Symposium Organized:
- National Conference on “Recent Advances in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology” during September 8-9, 2016.
- National Conference on “Biomechanics and Rehabilitation Engineering” during September 15-16, 2016.
- 29th Annual Meeting of Society for Neurochemistry, India as well as National Workshop and Conference on “Advances in Computational Neurochemistry and Neurobiology” (SNCI-ACNN 2015)” during December 16 -21, 2015.
- National conference on “Recent Advances in Biomedical Engineering” during August 28-29, 2015.
- Programme on “Commemoration of Birth Anniversary of Madam Marie Curie and Sir C. V. Raman”, NEHU on November 7, 2015.
- Workshop on “Advances in computational Neurosciences” (ACNE-2014), NEHU, Shillong during March 24-29, 2014.
Orientation Programme / Refresher Course:
- Special Summer School 2016 (equivalent to Refresher Course) by UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, NEHU, Shillong. (27/06/2016 to 17/07/2016).
- 32nd Orientation Programme by UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, NEHU, Shillong. (20/04/2015 to 17/05/2015).
- Society for Neuroscience 2016 Conference, San Diego, USA, 2016.
- 10th World Stroke Congress, Hyderabad organized by World Stroke Organization, 2016.
- Society for Neuroscience 2015 Conference, Chicago, USA, 2015.
- 22nd Meeting of the European Neurological Society, Prague, Czech Republic, 2012.
- IBRO / UNESCO Advanced School, Cape Town, South Africa, 2011.
- Electrophysiology School of Strasburg-2011, University of Strasburg, France, 2011.
- International Conference- ISN-ESN 2011, 23rd Biennial Meeting, Athens, Greece, 2011.
- ISN, APSN, IBRO & SNCI School on Neurodegenerative Diseases, India, Cochin, 2009.
- Workshop on “MIMICS”, NEHU, Shillong, 2016.
- Workshop on “Advanced tools in MATLAB”, NEHU, Shillong, 2016.
- Workshop on “Introduction to Robotics”, Tezpur University, 2016.
- QIP Short term course on “Advances in Biomedical Engineering”, IIT-Guwahati, 2015.
- Workshop on “Virtual Laboratory”, NEHU, 2015.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp, NEHU, 2015.
- Seminar program on “MATLAB for Data Analytics and Computer Vision”, Kolkata, 2015.
- Symposia on “Research Methodology and Biomaterials for Human applications for Clinical Translational Research”, Department of Orthopaedics & Trauma, NEIGRIHMS, Shillong, 2015.
- 102nd Indian Science Congress, University of Mumbai, India, 2015.
- TEQIP Short term course on “Sophisticated Instruments in Interdisciplinary Research”, IIT-Guwahati, 2014.
- Workshop on “Advances in computational Neurosciences”, NEHU, Shillong, 2014.
- Workshop on “Value proposition personality development and communication skills”, NEHU, Shillong, 2014
- Short –Term course in SPSS by UGC-Academic Staff College, NEHU, Shillong, 2013.
- North East Conference on “Rehabilitation of Persons with Multiple Disabilities”, Guwahati, 2013.
- Conference on Rehabilitation of Persons with Multiple Disabilities, New Delhi, 2013.
- Brain Storming Workshop on Development of R & D proposals for North Eastern States of India, Tripura State Council for Science and Technology, Agartala & DST, New Delhi, 2012.
- National Conference on “Mathematical Modeling and Computer Simulation”, BHU, 2011.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging training conducted by IIT- BOMBAY, 2010.
- Symposium on Brain Aging and Dementia, BHU, 2010.
- Training on Ischemic Model of Rat, CDRI, Lucknow, 2010.
- Training on HPLC, UPLC and operating software like Empower from Waters India (P) Ltd, 2009
- Workshop on Scientific Computing in Biomedical Engineering, HCST, 2008.
- Implant Industrial Training on Bio-Medical Engineering from IIMT, Kolkata, 2006.
- National Technical Symposium on Biomedical Engineering, Siliguri, 2006.
- Implant Industrial Training on Bio-Medical Engineering from Electronic Engineering Corporation, Chennai, 2005