- North-Eastern Hill University
- Overview Location Guide Membership Library Rules Library Revised Rates Sections & Units Directory Useful Links FAQS Forms
(Extracts of Relevant Provisions of NEHU Regulations on Library RD-5)
Eligibility for Membership
The following are eligible to become members of the University Library:
Teachers, Students, Officers and other employees of the University
2. Retired teachers and officers of the University who are residing in Shillong/Kohima/Aizawl
3. Teachers of affiliated colleges of NEHU
4. Any other person whose name is recommended by the Head of the Department and approved by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro Vice-Chancellors in the case of Mizoram and Nagaland Campuses.
Procedure for EnrolmentAll categories of applicants shall fill in the prescribed forms, and make necessary deposit if required, to become members of the University Library. Members will be given Library Passbook/Borrower’s Cards for borrowing books.
to terminate their membership shall return all the books borrowed, and
on surrendering the Library Passbook/Borrower’s Cards the University
Librarian shall issue a “No Dues” certificate.
Termination of Membership
Refund of Caution DepositA member who has terminated his/her membership may claim a refund of the caution deposit from the Finance Department of the University after producing the “no dues” certificate from the Librarian. In the case of members who do not have to make any caution deposit, the accounts will be settled only on production of a “no dues” certificate from the Librarian. Similarly in case of teachers of affiliated colleges the Principal will settle the accounts only on production of a “no dues” certificate by the teachers from the Librarian, North-Eastern Hill University.