National Seminar on the theme, “Public Policy, Governance and Development in North-Eastern States”
The Department of Political Science, NEHU, Shillong proposes to organize a two-day national seminar on the theme, “Public Policy, Governance and Development in North-Eastern States” in March 14-16, 2019. The seminar proposes to bring together academicians, policy makers, NGOs and civil society activists on a common platform to discuss the following sub-themes:
- Changing nature of governance, development and public policy –Indian and regional perspectives.
- Constitutional, legal, political and development institutions and their roles in the northeast.
- Society, Culture and governance in North-Eastern states
- Implementation of development and welfare policies in north-eastern states.
- Role of Political Parties, civil society organizations and NGOs.
- Managing diversity and inter-community interests.
- Security Concerns and Negotiations with insurgents and ethnic militants.
- Dealing with the issue of citizenship: Problem of Illegal immigrants and refugees.
- Gender and ethnicity in governance.
- Human Rights, Human Security and Human Development in the northeast.
Invitation for Abstracts
The academicians, scholars and the invitees are requested to send your abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 2019. The members whose abstracts are selected will be informed about the Committee’s decision by February 7, 2019.
|Prof. H. Srikanth
|Prof. K. Debbarma