Prof. B. C. Das
Education Department, Tura Campus
M.A. (Utkal), M.Phil. (DAV, Indore), Ph.D. (B.H.U.)
Teaching Experience: 28 Years
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
- Research Methodology
- Teacher Education
- Educational Technology
Major Research Projects (Completed)
- Title: Evaluation of the Orientation Programmes for University and College Teachers in the Academic Staff Colleges in India. Funding Agency: UGC, New Delhi, 2002.
- Title: A Study of the Organization of Teacher Education Programmes for Secondary School Teachers in North Eastern Region of India. Funding Agency: ICSSR, New Delhi 2010.
- Title: A Critical Evaluation of the Teaching Learning Systems adopted for the Management of Refresher Courses in the Academic Staff Colleges in India. Funding Agency: UGC, New Delhi 2010.
Research Papers/ Articles Published:
- Teachers’ Retraining: Some Concerns for Further Development, Dibrugarh University Journal of Education, No1, 1992, PP.103-107, Dibrugarh, Assam.
- Effectiveness of Concept Attainment Model in terms of Teaching Competence of Pre-service Student Teachers. Perspectives in Education, Vol,9, No1, January 1993, ISSN 0970-1575, pp-35-44, Baroda.
- Effectiveness of Self-learning Material for the Orientation of University and College Teachers. Experiments in Education, Vol.xxi, No4, April1993, ISSN 0970-7409, PP.85-93, Madras.
- Effect of Traditional Teaching Method on Teachers’ Professional Awareness. The Educational Review, Vol. xix, No3, March1993, ISSN 0013-192X, PP.43-45Madras.
- Orientation of the University and College Teachers through Distance Mode. Indian Journal of Open Learning, Vol.3, No2, 1994, IGNOU, ISSN 0971-2690, PP.29-33, New Delhi.
- Educational Technology in the Future. Dibrugarh University Journal of Education, Vol.II, No1, 1994-95, PP.60-72, Dibrugarh.
- Effect of Self-learning Material on Teachers’ Professional Awareness. The Educational ReviewVol.1, No7, July 1995, ISSN 0013-192X, PP.105-111, Madras.
- Open University: Taking Education to the Doorsteps of the Students. Dibrugarh University Journal of Education, Vol.III, No1, 1996, PP.31-47, Dibrugarh.
- Indian Society and Education in the Twenty First Century. University News, Vol.35, No.25, June 1997, ISSN-0566-2257, PP.9-13, AIU, New Delhi.
- Parameters of Quality of Research. Dibrugarh University Journal of Education Vol.IV, No4, 1996-97, PP.67-74, Dibrugarh.
- A Study of Students Perception of Teachers Accountability. Dibrugarh University Journal of Education, Vol.IV, No4, 1996-97, Dibrugarh.
- Sense of Accountability among University Teachers. Progress of Education, Vol. XXII, No. II, June 1998, ISSN 6154-57, PP.242-246 Pune.
- Orientation Programme and Professional Awareness of Teachers. University News, Vol.36, No.51, 1997, ISSN-0566-2257, PP.3-6, AIU, New Delhi.
- A Comparative Study of Sense of Accountability between English medium and Assamese medium Secondary School Teachers. Journal of Indian Education. Vol.XXIII, No. 4, February, 1998, ISSN-26915-75,PP.34-43,NCERT, New Delhi
- Evolving a Code of Professional Ethics for Teachers. The Progress of Education, Vol.LXXIII, No. 1, August 1998, ISSN 6154-57, PP19-22, Pune.
- Teachers Attitude towards the Orientation Programme of Academic Staff College. The Progress of Education, Vol.LXXIII, No. 8, March, 1999, ISSN 6154-57, PP.177-183, Pune.
- Orientation Programmes in Higher Education: Retrospect and Prospects. Dibrugarh University Journal of Education, Vol.V, No.5, 1998-99, PP.17-26, Dibrugarh.
- Attitude of Students Teachers towards Microteaching. Dibrugarh University Journal of Education. Vol. V, No.5, 1998-99, PP.59-66, Dibrugarh. (Joint Paper).
- A Model Approach to Teacher Training Programme: an Experiment. University News, Vol.37, No.22, May 1999, ISSN-0566-2257, PP.10-14, AIU, New Delhi.
- Viewing Doordorshan (TV) Programmes: Preferences of High School Students. Indian Journal of Open Learning, Vol.10, No.1, January 2001, ISSN 0971-2690, PP.100-109 IGNOU, New Delhi.
- Orientation Programmes of the Academic Staff Colleges in India: An Evaluation. University News, Vol.39, No. 6, November2001, ISSN-0566-2257, PP.06-10, AIU, New Delhi.
- Relevance of Orientation Programmes for University and College Teachers. Dibrugarh University Journal of Education, Vol. VII, No.7, 2000-2001, PP.51-55, Dibrugarh.
- Effect of Microteaching on Attitude and General Teaching Competence of B.Ed. Trainees. Dibrugarh University Journal of Education. Vol. VII, No.7, 2000-2001, PP.19-25, Dibrugarh, Joint Paper.
- Issues and Priority Areas of Research in Teacher Education. Dibrugarh University Journal of Education. Vol. VI, No. 6, 2000. PP.1-6, Dibrugarh.
- Community Perception of Teachers Accountability. Dibrugarh University Journal of Education, Vol.VI, No.6, 1999-2000, PP.48-63, Dibrugarh.
- Relevance of Higher Education Today. EDUTRACKS, Vol.2, No.3, 2002, ISSN4982-12, PP. 9-13, Hyderabad.
- Feedback Mechanism for Effective Teaching. Maharshi Dayanand University Research journal, Vol.1, No.2, October 2002, ISSN0972-706X, PP.39-48, Rohtak.
- Problems of Academic Staff Colleges in India: An Evaluation. EDUTRACKS, Vol.2, No.7, March2003, ISSN 4982-982, PP34-40, Hyderabad.
- Development of Academic Staff Colleges in India. EDUTRACKS, Vol.3, No.1, September 2003, ISSN4982-05, PP.32-38, Hyderabad.
- Teaching learning Systems at the Academic Staff Colleges: A Critical Evaluation. University News, Vol.42, No.44, 2004, ISSN0566-2257, PP.5-13, AIU, New Delhi.
- Sense of Accountability among Teachers. EDUTRACKS, Vol.5, No.3, November2005, ISSN4982-05, PP.21-22, Hyderabad.
- Students Perception of Immediacy Behaviour University Teachers. EDUTRACKS, Vol.6, No.11 July 2007, ISSN 4982-08, PP29-35, Hyderabad.
- Declining Standard of University Education in Assam. University News, Vol.45, No.41, October2007, ISSN0566-2257, PP.11-15, AIU, New Delhi.
- Staff Development in the Academic Staff Colleges in India. Staff and Educational Development International, Vol.12, No.2 &3, December2008, ISSN0971-9008, PP.93-110, IGNOU, New Delhi.
- Teaching School Students through Distance Mode: Some Reflections. Journal of Indian Education, Vol.XXXVI, No.2, August2010, ISSN0972-5628, PP66-77, NCERT, New Delhi.
- Facilitative Factors in the spread of Innovations in Teacher Education. Vetri Education, Vol.6, No.1, March2011, ISSN-0973-8614, PP.5-11, Puducherry, Tamilnadu.
- What Prevents Teacher Education Institutions from being Innovative. EDUTRACKS, Vol.10, No.6, February2011, ISSN4982-11, PP.3-8, Hyderabad.
- Effectiveness of Self-study Material for teaching General Science to School Students. Journal of Indian Education, Vol. XXXVII, No.4, February 2012, ISSN 0972-5628, PP.114-132, NCERT, New Delhi.
- Professional Training in the Academic Staff Colleges in India. EDUTRACKS, Hyderabad. Vol.16, No.12 August 2017, ISSN: 0972-9844.
- Problems of Staff Training in the Academic Staff Colleges in India. Staff and Educational Development International. IGNOU, New Delhi.2018.
- Teacher Education in the North- eastern Region of the Country: An Evaluation. NCERT, New Delhi, 2018.
- Educational Technology, Kalyani Publishers, ISBN81-7096-986-7, PP.1-162, New Delhi, 1996.
- Microteaching, Kayani Publishers, ISBN 81-7096-811-9, PP. 1-103, New Delhi, 1998.
- Teacher education at a Distance, Kalyani Publishers, ISBN81-7663-475-1, PP.1--225, New Delhi, 2000.
- Educational Technology (Assamese- co-authored), Kalyani Publishers, ISBN81-272-0539-7, PP.1-206, New Delhi, 2002.
- Secondary Education and the Teacher, Kalyani Publishers,ISBN 978-272-3981-7,PP1-164, New Delhi.2007
- Management of Teacher Education, APH Publishing Corporation, ISBN978-81-313-0514-0, PP.1-231, New Delhi, 2009.
Ph. D. Degree Awarded / Supervised
- A Study of Professional Awareness among the College and University Teachers in Relation to their Job Satisfaction. 10th January 2003. Scholar: Mrs. Sukla Das.
- Factors Promoting Diffusion of Innovations in the Secondary Teachers’ Training Institutions in Assam. 6th November 2003. Scholar: Mr. Beda Kumar Chaliha.
- Development of Self-learning Material and its Effectiveness for Teaching General Science to Class IX Students of Assam State.. 24th November2008. Scholar: Mr Basanta Gogoi.
- A Critical Study of the Existing Systems of Teaching and Learning in the Secondary Teacher Education Institutions in Assam.15th December2008. Scholar: Mr Lekhan Gogoi.
- A Study of the Sense of Accountability in Relation to Job Satisfaction, Socio-economic Status, Qualification, and Experience of Secondary School Teachers in Sivasagar District, Assam. 18th September, 2009. Scholar: Mr Paramananda Sonowal.
Papers Presented in Conferences/ Seminars
- Thirty Days Orientation Programme for University and College Teachers. Organized by: UGC-ASC, BHU in 1992. Paper Presented: Do We Teach Well?
- Twenty one Days Refresher Course for University and College Teachers. Organized by: UGC-ASC Devi Ahilya University, Indore in 1995.
- National Seminar on Problems of Professional Ethics in Present Day Society. Sponsored by: UGC, Organized by: Sivsagar College, Assam in 1998. Paper Presented: Evolving a Code of Professional Ethics for Teachers.
- UGC Sponsored Workshop on Major Research Project. Organized by: Pandit Ravishankar University, Raipur, M.P. in 1998. Presented Paper on the Progress and Findings of the Research Project.
- National Seminar on Emerging Issues of Teacher Education in Assam. Organized by: All India Associations for Educational Research jointly with Dept. of Education, Dibrugarh University in 2002. Presented Paper on: Research in Teacher Education in Assam: Some Emerging Issues.
- National Seminar on Ensuring Quality in Higher Education Institutions in North-East India. Sponsored by: NAAC. Organized by: Sivsagar College, Assam in 2005. Presented Paper on: Sense of Accountability among Teachers in Assam.
- Workshop on Distance Education (Preparation of Course Materials for Undergraduate Students. Organized by: Rajiv Gandhi University in 2005.
- Workshop on Action Research. Sponsored by: ICSSR, Shillong. Organized by: Dept. of Education, NEHU, Tura Campus, Tura in 2006. Presented Paper on: Solving a Problem through Action Research in Elementary Education.
- Twenty One Days UGC-ASC Refresher Course for University and College Teachers. Organized by: ASC, NEHU, Shillong in 2009. Delivered Six Lectures to and interacted with Participants.
- Eight Days Training Programme on Research Methodology. Sponsored by: ICSSR, NEC and NEHU in 2010. Organized by: Dept of Education, NEHU Tura Campus, Tura. Delivered Lectures on: Purpose of Research Questions/ Hypotheses and development of Research Tools.
- One Week National Level workshop on Research Methodology and SPSS in2011. Sponsored by: UGC, ICSSR and NEC. Organized by: Sivsagar College, Assam. Delivered Lectures on: Preparing Research Proposal and Objectivity and Ethical Neutrality in Research.
- One week Workshop on Teacher Empowerment for the Secondary School teachers of Garo Hills in 2011. Sponsored by DERT, Shillong, Meghalaya. Organized by: CTE, Tura. Delivered Lectures as Resource Person on Teacher Empowerment at secondary Level.
- Workshop on Appraisal of Research Projects in 2011. Sponsored by: ICSSR, New Delhi. Organized by: Tripura University, Agartala. Presented Paper on: Progress and Findings of Research Work.
- National Seminar on Examination Reforms in Secondary Schools in February 2012 sponsored by ICSSR, NEC, NEHU NIT, Mysore and presented paper entitled Examination Reforms in Secondary Schools: A Study of Tura Town.
- National Seminar on Issues and Challenges on Teacher Education in India in 21st Century with reference to North-Easter Region. Organised by Doomdooma College, Assam, from 3rd to 4th August 2012. Presented paper on: Teacher Education in India: Emerging Issues.
- Workshop on Approaches to Social Science Research organized by the Department of Education, North Eastern Hill University on 25th September 2014, and delivered lecture on ‘Introduction to Scientific Method.’
- Six Days Training Programme on’ Experimental Research Methodology’ organized by the department of education , North Eastern Hill University from 17th to 22nd November 2014, and delivered lectures on experimental designs as a resource person.
International Conference Attended and Paper Presented
- International Conference on Higher Education for the 21st Century. Organized by: Curtin University of Technology, Malaysia, 2002. Presented Paper on: Relevance of Higher Education in India in the 21st Century.