B. Sc. (Hons.) (BHU), M. Sc. (BHU), Ph. D. (BHU)
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
Comparative Endocrinology, Neuroendocrinology, Pineal Physiology, Reproductive Physiology
Post-Doctoral Research – 37 years; PG Teaching – 35 Years
- Research Papers – 65
- Book - 1
- 6 Nos. (DST: 3 Nos., UGC: 1 No., DAE: 1 No., GTZ, Germany: 1 No.)
- Fellowship of National Academy of Sciences, Allahabad (FNASc), 2004
- Fellow of Zoological Society of India, Calcutta (FZS), 2005
- Sr. DAAD Fellowship (2010-11)
- Sr. DAAD Fellowship (2003)
- Sr. DAAD Fellowship (1995)
- DAAD Fellowship (1989-91)
Ph. D. Awarded/Supervised:
No. of Ph. D. students working – 5 Nos.
Administrative responsibilities undertaken:
- Dean, School of Life Sciences, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong (For 3 years w.e.f.
- 18th December, 2017)
- Programme Coordinator, DSA-Phase II & III Programmes sanctioned to the Department of Zoology, Special Assistance Programme, UGC (September 2014 till date),
- Dy. Co-ordinator, DSA-Phase II Programme of UGC (2011-2014), Department of Zoology, NEHU, Shillong
- Head, Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF), DST, New Delhi (April, 2009 – September 2012).
- University Coordinator, Refresher Courses, and Director, UGC-Academic Staff College, NEHU, Shillong (September, 2006 to April, 2009).
- Member-Secretary, Institutional Ethics Committee, NEHU, Shillong (2008-11 & 2011-14).
- Dy. Co-ordinator, COSIST Programme of UGC (2002-2005).
- Co-ordinator, DST-FIST Programme (2002-2005).
- Dy. Co-ordinator, DRS-III Programme of UGC (2001-2006).
- Warden, Chhinlung Halls of Residence, NEHU, Shillong (w.e.f. 5.5.1998 to 6.7.2000).
- North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong.
Papers presented in Conferences/Seminars: >50
- Collaborated with Prof. L. Vollrath and Prof. R. Spessert, Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Mainz University, Mainz, Germany (1989-2010).
- Member of a number of national and international science societies;
- Member of Editorial Boards of a number of national and international journals
- Member of academic boards of a number of universities
- Diploma in German Language
- Holder of NCC ‘B’ and NCC ‘C’ certificates.