Mr. Barath N
Journalism and Mass Communication
Designation: Assistant Professor
Joined NEHU on
- B.Sc. (Bio-Chemistry), PSG College of Arts & Science. Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore (2004-2007)
- Diploma in Clinical and Medical Laboratory management from PSG College of Arts & Science. Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore (2004-2006)
- BA English Literature from University of Madras (2005-2008) through Distance Education
- MA in Communication (2007-09) University of Hyderabad, UGC-NET/JRF.
- Qualified NET-JRF (0901595) in UGC-NET held on June 2009
- M Phil comparative literature dissertation on “Looking through Literatures: A study of Dravidian movement and politics.” A dissertation that attempts to understand the subtle connections between the Dravidian politics and the art forms like cinema and Literature and thereby looks at literary responses from Tamil literature as a critique of Dravidian movement. Completed in October 2010.
- Pursuing PhD from Centre for Comparative Literature, School of Humanities, University of Hyderabad
Areas of Interest: Print History, Media and Culture Studies, Development Studies.
Paper in Journals:
- “Where do middle-class, Tamil Brahmin girls go when they turn eighteen” in Man and Society: A Journal of North-East Studies, Volume X, Winter 2013 2012, pp. 160-163. ISSN: 2229-4958.
- Presented paper titled “Writing Off English as a language of Caste” at the Comparative Literature: The Question of Language and the Minority, An International Conference Centre for Comparative Literature, University of Hyderabad, Dates: 14th to 16th October, 2015
- Chaired a Session “Space and Performance” at the RAW.Con 2014 (Researchers at Work Conference), Centre for Comparative Literature, University of Hyderabad, Dates: 10th-12th September 2014.
- Attended a colloquium on the Syllabus for Social Media Journalism, an initiative by CHIME- EFLU Shillong on 12th June 2014.
Any other information
- Delivered a series of lectures at EFLU, Shillong campus on Print History and Development, September 2nd to 22nd 2013.
- Delivered two lectures on Ratan Thiyam’s Chakravyuha at the Department of English, NEHU on September 8th and 9th 2014.