Mr. C.C.D. Marak
Garo Department (Tura Campus)
Designation: Assistant Professor
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
Garo Literature, Literature in Translation, and Fictional Studies.
Experience: 7 years of teaching in the University
- State Literary Award, 2012
Administrative responsibilities undertaken:
- NSS Programme Officer of the Unit (from November 2017 to August, 2019)
- Teacher-in-Charge, Students’ Welfare, NEHU Tura Campus, Tura (from August 2019- till date)
- Member, School Board of Humanities, NEHU, Shillong.
- Member, the Board of Studies in Linguistics, NEHU, Shillong.
- Judge for Varsity Week programme for different events/ competition in 2018.
- Teacher-in-charge of the field study at Bugakolgre Village on 8th October, 2018
- Life Member and Secretary, A?chik Literature Society, Tura, West Garo Hills, Meghalaya, since 2014 till date.
- Life Member of the Garo Graduate Union, Tura, West Garo Hills, Meghalaya.
- Singkam (2009);
- Ku?akmao Seanirang (2019) ISBN 978-81-938203-1-5
- Marak,Crystal Cornelious D., History of the A·chiks and the Garo Hills as Reflected in the Novels of Prabodh M. Sangma. Published by Manaviki, Vol. 1X(1) July-December, 2017, ISSN: 0975-7880, (UGC List No. 42515) pp. 7-12.
- Marak,Crystal Cornelious D., Fictional Writing in A·chik Literature. Published by Ayan, Vol. 5 No. 3 July-September, 2017, ISSN: 2347-4491, pp. 227-233.
- Marak,Crystal Cornelious D., Kristian chasongko man?na skang A?chikrangni ro?ong konge sol?anirangko am?sandie Goalpara District, Assamo nikanirang, published by A?chik Ku?rang, Vol. 1 Issue No.2. November,2016, pp. 18-19
- Marak,Crystal Cornelious D., A?chik pottery: A Dying Culture Published by Manaviki, Vol. X1 No. 1 January-June, 2019, ISSN: 0975-7880, (UGC List No. 42515) pp. 121-123.
Papers presented in Conferences/Seminars
Seminars / Workshops:
- Presented paper on History of Garo Hills as reflected in the novels of Prabodh M. Sangma’ at the ICSSR sponsored National seminar on “Situating Tura from West Garo Hills,” organised by Departments of History and Archaeology and Department of Garo in collaboration with A·chik literature Society, at the North-Eastern Hill University, Tura Campus, sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi Tura from 5th -7th June 2014
- Presented paper on A?chikku Sea-Jotaniko Maikai A?bachenggen? Seminar on “Garo Literature,”organized by Tura Government College, Tura 11th August, 2014.
- Presented paper on A·chik Children Songs at the ICSSR sponsored National seminar on “Oral Literature : A Reflection,” organised by the Department of Garo, NEHU Tura Campus in collaboration of with Tribal Literary Forum of India at NEHU Tura Campus, from 28th- 30th October, 2015.
- Presented paper on A?chik Pottery: A Dying Culture at the National seminar on “Oral and Textual Traditions of North East India,” organized by Arunachal Institute of Tribal Studies, Rajiv Gandhi University, Itanagar in collaboration with Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi at Rajiv Gandhi University, Itanagar from 28th -30th March, 2016.
- Presented a paper on Indigenous Wood Carving at the Workshop organized by the Department of English and Garo, Tura Government College, Tura, under UGC Committee, Tura Government College, Tura 21st September, 2016.
- Presented paper on Agalmaka Seminar on “The Importance of Collection & Compilation of Oral Literature in the Garo Hills of Meghalaya,” organized by Directorate of Arts and Culture, Meghalaya, 9th December, 2017 at District Auditorium, Tura.
- Presented paper on : Recent Trends in Fictional Writing in A?chik Literature at the National Seminar on the “Recent Trends in the tribal Literature in North East India,” organised by Sahitya Akademi in collaboration with A?chik Literature Society and Department of English and Garo, NEHU, Tura Campus, Tura 28th February and 1st March, 2017
- Translated five short stories of Prabodh M.Sangma, viz. (i) Kam Ka·ani Somoi (ii) Sao Sarap Gnanggipa Krismas,(iii) An·tangna Gitan Ka·sabo (iv) Ku·mikcheta (v) A·gilsako Jekai Atchirama-sachiba at the Three-day Garo- English Translation Workshop organised by Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi in collaboration with Department of English and Department of Garo, NEHU, Tura Campus, Tura
- Presented self composed two poems entitled (i) Nang·na (To You), (ii) Balpakram at the “All India Poetry Festival” organised by Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi in collaboration Department of English and Department of Garo, NEHU Tura on 17th September, 2018
- Presented self composed poem entitled Jajong at the Gramalok organized by Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi in collaboration Department of Garo, NEHU Tura Campus, Tura and A?chik Literature Society, Tura on 31st August, 2019 at Mendipathar College, North Garo Hills, Meghalaya