Areas of Interest/Specialization:
1. Khasi Language & Linguistics, 2. Khasi Language Teaching, 3. Translation and Khasi Literature and 4. Khasi Literature.
- Joined as Lecturer in Post-Graduate Training College in 1991
- Joined as Lecturer in NEHU, Khasi Department in 1998
- Joined as Professor in NEHU, Khasi Department in 2008 (till date).
- Mr. Marbhador M.Khymdeit
- Mr. Davidson Diengdoh
- Ms. Nidaioh Biam.
Administrative responsibilities undertaken : Head, Department of Khasi (2 terms from 2011-2014, 2017 till date)
Academic affiliations :
- Life member of North East India Education Society
- Life member of Tribal Literary Forum of India
- Member of Society for Khasi Studies
- Member of Reviewing Committee for financial assistance to Khasi Authors, Government of Meghalaya from 2016 till date
- Member Khasi Authors’ Society, Shillong.
- Member, Advisory Committee, State Literary Award, Government of Meghalaya
- Member of Board of Studies in Kokborok
- Expert in CBSE Exams.
- Member of Board of Studies, EFLU, Hyderabad.
Papers presented in Conferences/Seminars:
- Resource Person at the CBSE Workshop held from 22-24 May, 2013.
- Resource Person at the Symposium on Mother Tongue – An Indicator of Cultural Identity organised by AIR, Shillong held on the 16th September, 2014.
- Resource Person at the one day seminar in Khasi Department and presented a paper on Gender Politics in La Pra Lut Baroh held on the 29th September, 2014.
- Resource Person on “Ka Ktien Khasi Ha ka Pule Puthi (Mother Tongue Education: The case of Khasi) held in Soso Tham Auditorium on the 17th December, 2014.
- Resource Person in a Workshop organised by Central Board of Secondary Education held from 10th – 13th December, 2015.
- Chief Guest at the Phawar Red Ribon Competition held on 22nd March, 2016 organised by the Meghalaya Aids Control Society and Treilang Society, Shillong.
- Chaired a session in the National Seminar on Interpreting Tribal Literature: A Multidisciplinary Approach, held on the 19th February 2016, organised by the Department of Khasi, NEHU, Shillong.
- Chaired the technical session in a two day International Seminar on “Understanding the Tribes of India” on the 3rd -4th November 2016 held in Synod College, Shillong.
- Chaired the technical session in the South and South-East Asian Conference on Austro-Asiatic Languages, 2016 held in NEHU, Shillong. The Conference was organized by the Department of Linguistics, NEHU, in collaboration with NEC, Shillong, CIIL, Mysore and ICSSR-NERC, Shillong.
- Chaired the technical session in the One Day Symposium on The Beginning of written Khasi Language and Literature held on the 28th February 2017 in North-Eastern Hill University. The Symposium was organised by the Department of Khasi, NEHU in collaboration with North Eastern Council, Shillong.
- Resource Person in reviewing the Learning Outcomes, the materials prepared by the NCERT, New Delhi, from 23-25 July 2017.
- Resource Person in the Seminar organized by the Khasi Authors’ Society held on the 16th September 2017 and presented a paper on “Ka Ktien Khasi ha ki Skul Pule”
- Resource Person in The Workshop-cum-Training Programme on Testing and Evaluation for Languages of North-East Region organized by Linguistics Department, NEHU from 19th -23rd September 2017 and delivered a lecture on “Testing and Evaluation”.
- Resource Person in the Symposium “Ka Khasi kum ka ktien pdeng u Hynniewtrep” and delivered a lecture on “Ka Jingpyndonkem ia ka ktien ha ka Thoh ka Tar” organised by St.Anthonys’ College, Byndihati Campus, East Jaintia Hills, on the 18th November, 2017.
- Delivered a lecture on Translation: The scope and challenges organised by the Department of English, Synod College, Shillong on the 29th November, 2017.
- As Resource Person and delivered a speech at a Rally on Language Identity, organised by Khasi Authors’ Society, Shillong held on the 22nd September, 2018, at Malki Ground, Shillong.