Mr. Ansuman Kumar
Computer Applications Department
Designation: Assistant Professor
M.Tech (IT), Ph.D (Pursuing)
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
Machine Learning, Bioinformatics, Pattern Recognition, Theory of Computation and Computer Networks.
Experience: 11 Years (Teaching)
Administrative responsibilities undertaken:
- Teacher-In-Charge, Department of Computer Application, North-Eastern Hill University, Tura Campus, from 26.09.2012 to 19.02.2017.
Member of Organizing Committee:
- North-Eastern Workshop on LATEX a document preparation System, Organized by Department of Computer Application, NEHU, Tura Campus, Tura, Meghalaya, 16-17 September 2014.
- National Workshop on Computer Network Security, In association with E-Cell IIT Kanpur, Organized by Department of Computer Application, NEHU, Tura Campus, Tura, Meghalaya, 26-27 May 2016.
- National Workshop on Android Application Development, In association with Aspirevision Tech Education Pvt. Ltd, Organized by Department of Computer Application, NEHU, Tura Campus, Tura, Meghalaya, 11-15 March 2019.
- A. Halder and A. Kumar, Active Learning using Rough Fuzzy Classifier for Cancer Prediction from Microarray Gene Expression data. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, 92,103136 (2019).
- A. Kumar and A. Halder, Active Learning using Fuzzy-Rough Nearest Neighbour Classifier for Cancer Prediction from Microarray Gene Expression data. International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, 34(1), 2057001 (28 pages) (2019).
- A. Kumar and A. Halder, Semi-supervised Fuzzy Vaguely Quantified Rough Nearest Neighbour Classifier for Cancer Sample Classification from Gene Expression Data. Journal of Computer and Mathematical Sciences, 9(7), 840-849 (2018).
- A. Kumar and A. Halder, Cancer Classification from Gene Expression data using Fuzzy-Rough techniques: An Empirical Study. International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering, 6(6), 415-420 (2018).
- A. Kumar and A. Halder, Ensemble based Fuzzy-Rough Nearest Neighbor Approach for Classification of Cancer from Microarray data. International Journal of Research in Advent Technology, 7(5), 105-110 (2019).
- A. Halder, S. Dey and A. Kumar, Active learning using fuzzy k-NN for cancer classification from microarray gene expression data, in Advances in Communication and Computing, eds. P. Bora, S. Prasanna, K. Sarma and N. Saikia, Vol. 347(4) (Springer India, 2015), pp. 103 – 113.
Papers presented in Conferences/Seminars:
- A. Kumar and A. Halder, Active learning using multi-class support vector machine based on breaking ties and mutual information for cancer prediction from microarray gene expression data. National Conference on Recent Advances in Science and Technology (NCRAST-2018) 15-17 March 2018.
- A. Kumar and A. Halder, Ensemble technique using fuzzy-rough approach for cancer sample classification from gene expression data. National Conference on Mathematical Sciences & Applications in Science, Engineering & Technology (MSASET-2018) 25-26 March 2019.
Participated in Seminar/Conference/Workshop/FDP/OP/RC:
- Participated in National Conference on Trends in Advanced Computing, Organized by Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Tezpur University, Assam, 22-23 March 2007.
- Participated in ADCOM-2007 Organized by Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Guwahati, Assam, 18 -21 December 2007.
- Participated in Faculty Development Programme, Organized by Department of Computer Science, NERIM, Guwahati, Assam, 19 -31 January 2009.
- Participated in ISI-AU on Intelligent Data Analysis: Theory and Application, Organized by Department of Information Technology, Assam University, Silchar, Assam, 1-5 March 2011.
- Participated in Short Term course on Wireless Networks and Security, Organized by Department of Information Technology, NIT Patna, Bihar, 15-19 October 2012.
- Participated in Orientation Programme, Organized by UGC Academic staff College, Ranchi University, Ranchi, Jharkhand, 05 November - 02 December 2014.
- Participated in Refresher Course (IT), Organized by UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, Ranchi University, Ranchi, Jharkhand, 02 -22 December 2015.
- Participated in the National Short Term Training Program on Introductory Bioinformatics: A journey from Sequence to Structure, Organized by BIF Centre, Department of RDAP, NEHU, Tura Campus, Tura, Meghalaya, 21- 23 March 2018.