Mr. Thrinadha Rao Bandaru
Management Department (Tura)
Designation: Assistant Professor
Joined NEHU on
MBA (Pondicherry University), Ph. D (Pondicherry University)
||Statistics and Quantitative Techniques; Research Methodology; International Human Resource Management; Services Management; Travel Agency Management and Tour Operations; Legal Framework Governing Human Relations
||Assistance Professor, NEHU (Since 22.04.2013)
- Board of Studies Member, Tourism and Hotel Management, NEHU (Since 08-09-2017)
- Nodal Officer, Electoral Literacy Club, NEHU, Tura Campus
|Ph. D Title:
|| Evaluation of Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (APTDC) – A study on Visakhapatnam Region
|Broad Area of Interest:
||Human Resource Management; Travel & Tourism Management
|Current Area of Work:
|Ph. D Students Guided:
- Life Member in NEMA
- Editing Member for Asian Journal of Business Research and Policy Decision.
- Assistant Editor for International Journal of Applied Management Research
Research Papers Published:
- Thrinadha Rao B. (2017) Andhra Pradesh tourism development corporation-an overview (pp. 42-51). In Biswal, K.C & Singaiah, G. (Edn.) Service management theory and practices. Himalaya Publishing House PVT. LTD., Mumbai, ISBN: 9789352624102
- Dogga Satyanarayana Murthy, Suresh Kumar Patra, Kuruva Mahendra Babu & Thrinadha Rao B. (2015). Public debt and financial development : A case study of India (pp.100-107). In Biswal, K.C & Singaiah, G. (Edn.) Emerging trends of financial services in India. Himalaya Publishing House PVT. LTD., Mumbai, ISBN: 9789352026234
- Thrinadha Rao and Venkata Rao Y. (2015). Entrepreneurship, employment generation and tourism (pp. 210-219). In Ahmad, J. U. & Singh, K.D. (Edn.) Entrepreneurship development – issues and perspectives. New Century Publications, ISBN: 9788177084146
- Thrinadha Rao, E Rachel Jessie and Venkata Rao Y. (2013). Emerging trends in Accommodation Sector of Puducherry: An Empirical Study. Kegees Journal of Social Science, Vol. 5, No. 1, ISSIN 0975-3621. Pp 159-164
- Thrinadha Rao and Venkata Rao Y (2013). Cultural Adaptability of Tourists in Multicultural Destinations: The Case Study of Auroville. Managing Tourism Business for Sustainable Competitive Advantage. Himalaya Publishers, Mumbai. Pp 113-118, ISBN: 978-93-5097-372-1.
- Thrinadha Rao, E Rachel Jessie and Venkata Rao Y. (2012). Walk Through the Heritage Sites of Puducherry City. NITHM Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Management. ISSN 2231-6213.
- ThrinadhaRao, Jessie and Y.V.Rao (2011). Obesity: The Problem of Future.Yatra,Vol-3, No-3, pp 55-56.
- ThrinadhaRao, Jessie and Y.V.Rao (2012). Perspectives of Pro-Poor Tourism in India.Yatra,Vol-4, No-4, pp 25-27.
- Thrinadha Rao and Venkata Rao Y (2010). Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index and Human Development Index-An Interrelationship Perspective. Human Development in India- Challenges and Policies, New Century publications, New Delhi. pp 358-371, ISBN: 97881 7708 2395.
- A paper entitled ‘Development of Soft Skills for sustaining Entrepreneurship with reference to Kautilya Arthashastra’ at the National Seminar on Development of entrepreneurial skills of craftsmen of different handicrafts of Dubri district organized by Dubri college, Dubri, Assam held during 8th , 9th and 10th March, 2015.
- A paper entitled “Public Debt and Financial Development – A Case of India” at the National Seminar on ‘Emerging Trends of Financial Services in India’ organized by Department of Management, North Eastern Hill University, Tura Campus, Tura, Meghalaya on 20th -21st November, 2014 (Co-authors Dr. D. Satyanarayana Murthy, Dr.K.Mahendrababu, Dr. Suresh Kumar Patra).
- A paper entitled “Tourism Entrepreneurship – A Boon to North East India” at the International Seminar on ‘Entrepreneurship in the Fast Changing Society: The Socio-Economic Perspectives’ organized by the Department of Management, North-Eastern Hilly University, Tura Campus, Meghalaya, in collaboration with Planning Department, Government of Meghalaya during 26th -27th June, 2014 (Co-authors Dr. Y.Venkata Rao, Rachel. E. Jessie).
- A paper entitled “Retaining Employees of Hotel Industry- Challenges Ahead” at the International Conference on ‘Contemporary Research in Tourism and Hospitality: Theory, Practice and Pitfalls’ organized by the Department of Tourism Studies, Pondicherry University in collaboration with Bournemouth University, UK and Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Gwalior during 18-21 February 2014 (Co-authors Dr. Y.Venkata Rao, Rachel. E. Jessie).
- A paper entitled “Prospects of Pro Poor Tourism As Entrepreneurial Development with Special Reference to Meghalaya” at the National Conference on ‘Entrepreneurship: A Drive Towards Socio-Economic Development of North Eastern Region’ organized by Department of Management, North Eastern Hill University, Tura Campus, Tura, Meghalaya on 4th June, 2013.
- Presented A Paper on “Need for Pro-Poor Tourism at Araku Valley in Andhra Pradesh”in IV National Congress of Sociology Association, Uttarakhand (SAUK) on Globalization and the Downtrodden Section of Indian Society Development Perspective- Status, Problems and Future Perspectives, Organized by MB Govt Post Graduate College, Haldwani (Nainital) on 6th and 7th November, 2011(Co-authors Dr. Y.Venkata Rao).
- Presented A Paper on “Cultural Adaptability of Tourists in Multicultural Destinations: The Case Study of Auroville” in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Managing Tourism Business for Sustainable Competitive Advantage, Organized by Department of Tourism Studies, School of Management, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry on 23rd and 24th March 2011(Co-authors Dr. Y.Venkata Rao).
- Presented A Paper on “Walk Through Heritage Sites of Pondicherry City” in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Prospects of Heritage Tourism in India, Organized by Department of History, JMJ College for Women, Tenali, Andhra Pradesh on 25th and 26th July 2011(Co-authors Dr. Y.Venkata Rao, Rachel. E. Jessie).
- Presented A Paper on “Virtual And Real Experience Of Tourists In Pondicherry Destination: A Comparative Study” in National Conference on Indian Aviation And Tourism: Opportunities, Challenges and New Directions Organized by Mangalore University, Dept. of Business Administration and in collaboration with Air Port Authority of India, from 20-21August 2011, Mangalore (Co-authors Dr. Y.Venkata Rao, Rachel. E. Jessie).
- Presented a Paper on “Emerging trends in Accommodation Sector of Puducherry: An Empirical Study” in International Conference on Challenges and Strategic Interventions for Tourism in India, Organized by Institute of Tourism Studies, University of Lucknow from 4th and 5th December,2010, Lucknow (Co-authors Dr. Y.Venkata Rao, Rachel. E. Jessie).
- Presented A Paper on “The Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index and Human Development Index-An Interrelationship Perspective” in National Conference on Challenges in Human Development Organized by Dr.SRK Government Arts College, Yanam, Puducherry. 22-23January 2010 (Co-author Dr. Y.Venkata Rao).