Best Practices in NEHU
- NEHU extensively use ICT facilities. Faculty members, Officers and other staff are provided with computers in their respective chambers and rooms. All the cluster classrooms, seminar halls and multiuse convention hall are provided with desktop computers and projectors for the use of all including P.G. Students and Research Scholars.
- It makes use of the non-conventional energy such as solar and wind energy in the administrative buildings, for street lighting, basketball court, etc. in the campus.
- NEHU has a green campus with lot of plantations. Tree plantations are undertaken regularly with the involvement of students and Alumni. Green Audit of the campus is in the pipeline with the involvement of Botany Department.Two water ponds are maintained in the campus for the purpose of ground water recharging.
- University is practicing appropriate norms for disposal and management of hazardous waste generated from chemical and biological laboratories. E-waste management is being planned for its safe disposal.
- Institutional Biosafety Committees are constituted for overseeing and approval regarding use and disposal of biological/chemical waste as per government guidelines.
- Environmental Awareness and Consciousness Programmes are organized regularly.
- An open day is declared on University Foundation Day for Visits of school students to university laboratories to get them exposed to modern development in Science and Technology.
- The university has established the NEHU Students' Civic Engagement Initiatives under the Dean of Students’ Welfare under which donation drives are undertaken for the Chief Minister Relief Fund for flood victims and training of students by Red Cross Society as first responder, besides other social outreach programmes.
- The sports department of the University has started a special programme to focus on development and promotion of national games and recognised contact sports as a result of which the NEHU team has been able to win medals in the last two years at the AIU national level tournament.
- NSS Cell of NEHU regularly organises Blood Donation camps and health camps and has adopted many villages for undertaking developmental programmes including installation of solar lights, waste management, cleaning drives, etc.