Dr. Ravi Kant Mishra
Designation: Assistant Professor
Joined NEHU on
B.A., LL.B. (Lucknow University) LL.M. & Ph.D. (Banaras Hindu University) PG Diploma in Criminology (Lucknow University)
Intellectual Property Rights, Criminal Law and Public Interest Lawyering
Ph.D. Thesis Title
Protection of Computer Programme in India under Intellectual Property regime
Area of Interest
Intellectual Property Rights, Criminal Law & Criminal Behaviour and Traditional Indigenous Knowledge
Current Area of Work
Copyright, Patents, Traditional Knowledge in Meghalaya and Criminal Law
- Computer Programme- An Intellectual Property: with reference to Protection and Challenges before India, LAP- Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 2012 (ISBN: 978-3-8484-9138-4)
- “IPR Management of Indigenous Knowledge in Meghalaya: A need for a thorough Look”, Sri Lanka Journal of International Law, Vol. 22 No. 2, 2010 at pp. 69-116 (ISSN: 1391-5568).
- “Industry on Dam in Assam with special reference to Lower Subansiri Hydel Project: A Socio-Environmental Study”, Indian Journal of Environmental Studies, Vol. I No. 1, 2012 (September) at pp. 1-18 (ISSN: 2278-8220).
- “Women’s Human Rights Agenda in 21st Century: Challenges before India”, in Women Rights: Violence, Human Rights and Empowerment, Dr. P.K. Pandey (ed.), Global Publishing House, Visakhapatnam, 2012 at pp. 263-289 (ISBN: 978-93-81563-11-3).
- “IPR Management of Indigenous Knowledge in Meghalaya: An Analysis”, The Legal Analyst, Vol. II No. 1, 2012 (Jan.-June) at pp. 75-81 (ISSN: 2231-5594).
- “Intellectual Property Rights and Role of Judiciary in the Developmental Society in India”, in Intellectual Property Law, Dr. P.K. Pandey (ed.), APH Publishing Corporation, New Delhi, 2012 at pp. 277-296 (ISBN: 978-81-313-1500-2).
- “Whether Computer program should be Patented in India? An Analysis”, The Legal Analyst, Vol. I No. 2, 2011 (July.-Dec.) at pp. 115-123 (ISSN: 2231-5594).
- “Hindu Jurisprudence on Succession and Gender Equality: A Critical Study”, The Legal Analyst, Vol. I No. 1, 2011 (Jan.-June) at pp. 42-49 (ISSN: 2231-5594).
- “Hi-tech Crimes and Police Administration: The Indian Scenario”, in Police Reform: Needs and Challenges, Dr. O.N. Tiwari (ed.), Andrew’s College, Gorakhpur, 2009 at pp. 221-256.
- “Gender Equality and Hindu Succession Amendment Act, 2005: A Reprisal”, Gopeshwar Law Review, No.IV 2006-2007at pp. 94-98.
- “Protection of Computer Programme under Copyright Regime”, published in Spotlight on Intellectual Property Rights, Prof. A.K. Awasthi (ed.), New Royal Book Co., Lucknow, 2005 at pp. 233-236 (ISBN : 81-89267-08-6).
Papers Presented/Participated : 15