Dr. S. S. Chaturvedi
Environmental Studies Department
Designation: Associate Professor
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
Environmental Monitoring and Abetment and Natural Resource Management
Post graduate teaching : 16years; Research and teaching: 21 years
- Awarded Prof. E. P. Odum Memorial Gold Medal (2007) & Prof. J. P. Dutta Munshi Gold Medal (2009) of International Society for Ecological Communication (ISEC), India
Ph D Awarded/Supervised: Awarded:04, pursuing: 06
- Successfully completed many research projects as co-principal investigator funded by various agencies and also a major research project on carbon stock and carbon sequestration potentials of major land use sectors in Meghalaya, funded by Department of science and Technology (DST), under National Programme on Carbon sequestration Research (NPCSR), New Delhi, under All India Coordinated Project (AICP).
- Chaturvedi, S. S. (2004).Ground water conditions around Panchkrosi pilgrimage route. Indian J. Environ. & Ecoplan. 10 (2):335-340.
- Chaturvedi, S. S. (2005). Monthly variation in plant bimass, net primary productivity and turnover of Gangtic wasteland of Varanasi. Geobios, 32(2-3):125-128.
- S. S. Chaturvedi, D. Tariang and B.K. Tiwari (2005). Seasonal variation in physic-chemical and bacteriological properties of river Umshyrpi, Shillong, Pro. National Workshop on Integrated Management of Natural Resources in Mountains, G. B. Pant Univ. Agri. & Tech., Pantnagar, pp 172-182.
- Chaturvedi, S. S. (2004). Conservational potential of common riparian herbs on water runoff and soil erosion. Indian J. Environ. & Ecoplan. 8(1):13-18
- Chaturvedi, S. S. (2004). Germination of Gnephalium indicum L. under different environmental conditions. J. Current Sc. 5 (2): 487-490.
- Chaturvedi, S. S. (2007). Temporal change in land covers of Pathri Reserve Forest using remote sensing data, Proce. Int. Symp. Recent Advances in Contemporary Biology, Environmental Issues and Sustainable Development, SKM University, Dumka
- N. Kumar, S. S. Chaturvedi and S. K. Jha (2011). Assessment of dose and risk due to natural radionuclides in edible biota of Domiasiat, Meghalaya, Radiation Protection Dosimetry, 1-9
- N. Kumar, S. S. Chaturvedi and S. K. Jha (2011). Assessment of the dose due to natural radionuclide in the green leafy vegetables of Domiasiat, Meghalaya, India, J Radioanal Nucl Chem, 290: 95-101
- N. Kumar, M. Graham, S. K. Jha and S. S. Chaturvedi (2011). An investigation of the biogeochemistry of the uranium radionuclide in the munitions testing contaminated soil of Kirkcudbright, New Galloway, SW Scotland, J. Radioanal Nucl Chem, 290:203-208
- N. Kumar, S. K. Jha and S. S. Chaturvedi (2011). Baseline assessment of dose and risk due to natural radionuclides in edible biota of Domiasiat, Meghalay, India, J. Radioanal Nucl Chem., 290:525-533
- Marbaniang, D. and Chaturvedi, S. S. (2012) Phytoaccumulation of Zinc by Scipus mucronatus (L) Pall ex Kerner, Keanean Journal of Science, 1: 69-75
- Beula S. Challam and S.S. Chaturvedi (2013). Effect of treated dairy effluent on height and yield of Zea mays L., RASAYANA J. Chem., 6(2):153-157
- Marbaniang, D. and Chaturvedi, S. S. (2014). A study on lead uptake and phytoremediation potential of three Macrophytes of Meghalaya, Indi a, Int. J. Sc. and Res. Pub.4 (6): 1-8.
- Marbaniang1, D., and Chaturvedi, S.S. (2104). Assessment on Cr, Cd, As, Ni and Pb uptake and phytoremediation potential of Scirpus mucronatus. Int. J. Sc. Res. and Mang. 2 (6): 965-969.
- Marbaniang, D. and Chaturvedi, S. S. (2014). Assessment of Cr+6 Accumulation and phytoremediation potential of three aquatic macrophytes of Meghalaya, India. Int. J. Sc. and Res. 3 (6): 36-42.
- Marbaniang, D. and Chaturvedi, S. S. (2014). Cadmium uptake and phytoremediation potential of three aquatic macrophytes of Meghalaya, India. Int. J. Res. Environ. Sc. 3(7): 47-53.
- Marbaniang, D., Chaturvedi, S. S. (2014). Laboratory study of arsenic uptake and phytoremediation potential of three aquatic macrophytes of Meghalaya, India. Int. J. Sc. and Tech. Res.3 (7): 47-53.
- Lamare, R. E., and Chaturvedi, S. S., (2014). Suspended particulate matter in ambient air of Shillong city, Meghalaya, India. Ind. J. Sc. Res. and Tech. 2(6):37-41.
- Sharma, D., Tiwari, B. K., Chaturvedi, S. S., and Diengdoh, E. (2015). Status, utilization and economic valuation of non-timber forest products of Arunachal Pradesh, India. J. Forest and Environ. Sc.31 (1): 24-37.
- Marbaniang, D., Chaturvedi, S. S. (2015) A comparative study on the bioaccumulation of Cr+3 and Cr+6 by an emergent macrophytes Scirpus mucronatus, Asian j. Water, Environment & Pollution,12(1):37-43.
- Anamika Upadhya, S. S. Chaturvedi, B. K. Tiwari (2016) Utilization of wild Citrus by Khasi and Garo tribes of Meghalaya, Indian J. of Traditional Knowledge, 15 (1): 121-127.
- Donboklang Marbaniang, Panna Das, Banrilang Dohling and S. S. Chaturvedi (2016), Heavy metal accumulation in Pteris vittata L. growing on abandoned lime kiln and abandoned coal coal stockpile of Meghalaya, India, Int. Res. J. Environ. Sc., 5(11): 41-46
- Kitboklang Sun and S.S. Chaturvedi (2016), Forest conservation and climate change mitigation potential through redd+ mechanism in meghalaya, north eastern india: a review, Int. J. Sci., Environ & Tech.,, 5 (6), 2016, 3643 – 3650.
- Sahana Mukherjee, S. S. Chaturvedi (2017), Utilization Aspects of Floral Non-Timber Forest Products: A Review, Asian J. Multi. Studies, 5(4), 2321-8819.
- S. Mukherjee, R. Wahlang and S.S. Chaturvedi (2018), Folk use of medicinal plants by ethenic communities in fringe area of Neora-Valley National Park, Darjeeling, Hill Geographer, VVVIV(1):81-94
- Arun Jyoti Nath, Brejesh Kumar Tiwari, Gudeta W Sileshi, Uttam Kumar Sahoo, Biplab Brahma, Sourabh Deb, Ningthoujam Bijaylaxmi Devi, Ashesh Kumar Das, Demsai Reang, Shiva Shankar Chaturvedi, Om Prakesh Tripathi, Dhruba Jyoti Das and Asha Gupta (2019). Allometric model for estimation of forest biomass in North East India, Forests, 10, 103; doi:10.339/f10020103
- Chaturvedi, S. S. (2006).Conservation of surface water resources in Meghalaya. In: Surface Water Management in Meghalaya, P. M. Passah, N. West, K. K. Singh, P. Nianglang, B. Syiem and R. j. Nongbri (eds.) Meghalaya Economic Association, Shillong, 57-64.
- Chaturvedi, S. S. (2006). Water pollution-types, sources and abatement. In: Environment and Natural Resources: Ecological and Economic Perspectives, O. P. Singh (ed.). Regency Publications, New Delhi, 125-139.
- Chaturvedi, S. S. (2006).Water resource management in Meghalaya. In: Surface Water Management in Meghalaya, P. M. Passah, N. West, K. K. Singh, P. Nianglang, B. Syiem and R. j. Nongbri (eds.) Meghalaya Economic Association, Shillong, 79-92
- Donboklang Marbaniang and S. S.Chaturvedi (2015). Aquatic macrophytes as a tool for phytoremediation of heavy metals. In Biology, Biotechnology and Sustainable Development, H. Choudhary (ed)., Research Indian Publications, New Delhi, 62-85, ISBN No.: 978-93-84443-19-1
Papers presented in Conferences/Seminars:
- Seasonal variation in physic-chemical and bacteriological properties of river Umshyrpi, Shillong, National Workshop on Integrated Management of Natural Resources in Mountains, G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, 2005
- Presented research papers as resource person in Symposium on Surface water management in Meghalaya with special reference to Shillong City, 2005
- Temporal change in land covers of Pathri Reserve Forest using remote sensing data, International Conference on Recent Advances in Contemporary Biology, Environmental Issues and Sustainable Development, SKM University, Dumka, 2007
- Phytoremediation of heavy metal polluted water: Progresses & prospective, International seminar on Recent trends in life science research vis-a vis Natural resource management, sustainable development & human welfare, Vinoba bhave University, Hazaribag, Jharkhand, 2009.
- Best practices for harvesting, processing and marketing of selected NTFPs and medicinal plants in Arunachal Pradesh, National Seminar on Plant resources of NE region and their bioprospecting, Department of Botany, Gauhati University, Guwahati, 2013.
- Invited Lecture on “Phytoremediation: An environment friendly alternative for heavy metal removal”, National seminar on Recent developments in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, St. Mary’s College, Shillong, 2017.
- Regional workshop on Traditional Knowledge based biodiversity conservation in North East India, 2006
- Successfully completed a training course in “RS & GIS Application in Forestry and Ecology” in 2007 and Course on “Remote sensing and GIS application in carbon forestry” in 2017 organized by Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradun.