Dr. Tilok Thakuria
History & Archaeology Department, Tura Campus
Designation: Assistant Professor
Area of specialization:
- Proto-Histroic Archaeology,
- Early Iron Age technology and archaeology of India
- Early Historic urbanization of eastern India
- Archaeology and Cultural Studies of Northeast India
- Dr. Maliti Nagar Award of Ethnoarchaeology for the research on “An Ethno-archaeological study of Shell fishing and Lime manufacturing technique at Manikapatana, Orissa, India” by Indian Society of Pre-History and Quaternary Studies, at Lucknow 2010.
- Junior Research Fellowship in 2007 by Indian Council of Historical Research, New Delhi for the Project “Society and Economy during Early Iron Age and Early Historic period in Deccan with special reference to Beads (1000 B.C to 500 A.D.).
- Life member of Indian Society for Prehistory and Quaternary Studies,
- Life member of North East India History Association
- Life member of International Association for Asian Heritage
- Life member of European Society for Art and Archaeology
- in English
- 2019 (edited, with B L. Malla) Rock Art Heritage of Northeast India, IGNCA, New Delhi
- 2019 (edited) Perspectives on Material Culture in Northeast India, Lakshmi Publisher, New Delhi
- 2016 (with R. K. Mohanty) Indian beads: History and technology, Infinity Foundation and Indus University.
- 2020 Typology and Commonality: A Survey on Megaliths of Vidarbha Megalithic Culture, Maharashtra, In The Archaeology of Burials: Examples from Indian Subcontinent (Eds. Rajesh S. V. Abhayan G. S. Ajit Kumar, Ehsan Rahmath Ilahi ), Vol-1: 71-85, New Delhi: New Bharatiya Book Corporation
- 2019 Stone Jars of Assam, Northeast India: A Comprehensive Overview, Journal of Neolithic Archaeology 5: 151-161
2019 The Beginning of Pre-historic Research in Northeast India and A Gazetteer of Pre-historic sites in Garo Hills, In Atulartham Bridging The Past: Essays in Honour of Professor Atul Kumar Sinha (Eds.Renu Shukla and Anup Mishra ) pp: 455-661, New Delhi: Anamika Publisher
- 2018. Lathi: A fortified early Historic sites in Coastal Odisha, Journal of History and Culture4:19-28
- 2017 Rock Engravings of Dima Hasao, Assam. In Cultural Ecology Prehsitory and Ethnoarchaeological Context of Indian Rock Art (Eds. B. L. Malla and D.Bezbaruah), IGNCA and Aryan Book International, Chapter 6,p: 57-62
- 2017. Society and Economy during Early Historic Period in Maharashtra: An Archaeological perspective. Heritage: Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies in Archaeology, 5: 169-190.
- 2017. (Mohanty, R. K., vaidya, S. Kharakwal, J.S. Sontakke, V.) The Early Iorn Age Megalithic Culture of Vidarbha in Border Perspective: A Pragmatic Observation. Shodha Patrika 68 (1-2): 21-51.
- 2016 (T. Jamir and M. Chauley) Report on Archaeological Investigation in North Cachar, Assam, Man and Environment 41:34-45
- 2015 Stone Jars of North Cachar: Archaeology of a Lost Folk. In Reflections on Science and Technology of Ancient India (Ed. O. C. Handa), Chapter-3, Indus-Infinity andPantagon Publication, New Delhi
- 2015 (with R. K. Mohanty and P. P. Joglaker) Craft Specialization and socio-economic behaviour of the Megalithic People of Vidarbha, In Megalithic traditions in Ethnography and Archaeology in India (Eds. R. K. Mohanty, K. K. Basa and S. B.Ota), Vol-I:.188-203. IGRMS and Aryan Books International.
- 2015 (with Ismail Kellellu, Chandra Shekhat Gupta, P.S. Meshram, P.M. Khobragade, Rabindra K' Mohanty and Tilok Thakuria) Recent Development in the Megalithic Research in Vidarbha: A Review, In Megalithic traditions in Ethnography and Archaeology in India (Eds. R. K. Mohanty, K. K. Basa and S. B. Ota), Vol-I:204-225.IGRMS and Aryan Books International.
- 2014 Chronology of Vidarbha Megalithic Culture: an Appraisal, Heritage: Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies in Archaeology 2:651-657.
- 2014 (with R.K. Mohanty) Early Iron Age Megalithic culture of peninsular and South India, In History of Ancient India: Vol-III: The Texts, Political History and Administration Till C. 200 B.C. (Eds: D. K. Chankarbarti and Makkhan Lal), pp.343-378, AryanPublisher and Vivekananda Centre, New Delhi.
- 2014 Hollowed Monoliths of North Cachar, Assam: Prospect for archaeology and Ethno-history, In After 51 Years of Excavation at Daojali Hading: Prospects of Archaeology in North East India (Eds. T. Jamir and M. Hazarika), Pp:243-249, Research IndiaPress: New Delhi.
- 2014 (with S. Ray and S. Vaidya) Early Historic Beads from Recent Excavations in Odisha, Heritage: Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies in Archaeology 2:802-809.
- 2014 (with R. K. Mohanty et al ) Preliminary report of exploration at Golbai Sasan and the surrounding area, Dist. Khurda, Odisha, Bulletin of Deccan College Post Graduate and Research Institute 72-73: 153-166.
- 2013 (T. P. Padhan, R. K. Mohanty and M. L. Smith) Google Earth as an Archaeological Tool in the Developing World: An Example from India, Archaeological Record 13(1): 20-24.
- 2013 (R. K. Mohanty and M.L. Smith) Excavations at Sisupalgarh: The Northern Gateway and Activity Areas Outside the Rampart, Man and Environment 38(1):55-65.
- 2013. Shell Bangle Manufacturing in Coastal Odisha: A study of Surface Collection at Manikapatana, Journal of Indian Ocean Archaeology 9:23-34.
- 2013 Etched Beads and Etched Beads of Early Iron Age and Early Historic Period of Maharashtra, India, Asian Art and Culture: Research volume in Honour of Ananada Kumaraswam (Ed. A. Manatunge), pp: 257-267, Kelaniya: Center for Asian Studies,University of Kelaniya.
- 2012 (with R. K. Mohanty) Disappearance of Archaeological sites: a case study from the Vidarbha Megalithic Culture, Maharashtra, Kosala 5:228-234.
- 2012 Shell fishing and lime manufacturing at Manikapatana: an ethno-archaeological study, Man and Environment 37(2):89-101.
- 2011 (with J. K. Kharakwal, T. Osada and Y. S. Rawat) Memorial Stones of Gujarat, in Occasional Paper 10: 175-187, Kyoto Institute of Humanistic, Japan
- 2011 (with J. S. Kharakwal, Toshiki Osada and Y. S. Rawat) Memorial stones at Kanmer, Gujarat, India, Current Studies on the Indus Civilization (Eds. Toshiki Osada and Akinori Uesugi), pp: 175-187, Revised ed. New Delhi, Manohar Publishers & Distributors Ltd.
- 2010 (with R. K. Mohanty) A stone Bead Manufacturing centre in peninsular India: Preliminary study of manufacturing debitage from trench F of Mahurjhari excavations, Maharashtra, Tamil Civilization 23:15-38.
- 2010 Memorial Stones from Gujarat: study of P?liyas at Kanmer, Bulletin of Deccan College Post Graduate and Research Institute 68-69:179-190.
- 2009 Architectural Variations of the Vidarbha Megalithic Burials, Maharashtra, In Abhijnan: Studies in South Asian Archaeology and Art History of Artefacts (Felicitating A. K. M. Zakariah), (ed. Shanaj Husne Leena), pp:35-41, BAR series.
- 2015 Stone Jars of Assam, a pamphlet published by Archaeological Survey of India,Guwahati Circle.
- 2016 A Story of Asa and Miserung, Duramong 12-14, Annual Campus magazine, NEHU,Tura Campus
- 2017 Built Heritage of Dima-Hasoa, Dimasa Heritage Rally (ed. Uttam Bhatari)
- in Assamese
- 2000 Chandra Kumar Agarwalar Kobitar Rup- baichitra, in Chandra Kumar AgarwalarKobitar Bad- baichitra, (ed. Dhurbajyoti Nath), Pp 70-76, Banolata Publication, Dibrughar,
- 1998 Rajanikanta Bordoliya Miri-Jeyari Rasanar Prarona KotPale, in Sivasagar CollegeMagazine, (ed. Monuranjan Buragohin), Pp 15-20, Sivasagar College.
- 1997 Sivasagar Colleger Asomiya Bivhagor Panchas Vasar, in Akhora (eds. Amarjoti Dutta and Jhanobi Konwar), Pp 1-3.
- 1996 Arunudait Praakashit Asomor Homohamoik Ghotonavalir Etihahik Guruta, in Golden Jubilee Issue of Sivasagar College Magazine (ed. Bikash Hazorika), Pp 82-88, Sivasagar College.
- 2019 Stone Jars of Northeast Indian and Southeast Asia: Problem and Prospect, in the International Seminar on Megaliths of the World, organized by Historial De le Vendee, Les Lucs-Sur-Boulogne, France from 9th to 14th September 2019
- 2019 Rock Art Research In Northeast India and Recent Discovery of Non- Figurative Grooved lines, in the National Seminar on Rock Art Research in India organized by IGNCA, New Delhi, 2019, 2nd to 4th May
- 2019 Colonial Archaeology in Northeast India as Colonial Discourse , in the National Seminar Converging Spectrum of Anthropology with special emphasis on Assam and adjoining areas, Organised by Dept. of Anthropology, Gauhati University, 2019, 14th to 15th March
- 2019 Prehistory of Northeast India and Excavation at Misimagre, in the International workshop on Rice, organized by M.S. University and UCl, London, 2019, 20th to 21st March
- 2019 Participated as Resource person in the National Workshop on “ Harppan Stone Bead Making” held on 14th February to 18th February 2019, Organised by Pt. Ravi Sankar University, Raipur
- 2018 Engravings of Dima-Hasoa, Assam: A reprisal, in the National seminar on “Affinities and Expressions of Prehistoric and Archaeological cultures in Northeast India with special emphasis on Rock Art” held on 10th to 11 September 2018, Organised Indira Gandhi Center for the Arts, New Delhi and Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Amarkantak
- 2018 (with M. Kalita )Rock Art of Assam: Context and Classification, in the National seminar on “Affinities and Expressions of Prehistoric and Archaeological cultures in Northeast India with special emphasis on Rock Art” held on 10th to 11 September 2018, Organised Indira Gandhi Center for the Arts, New Delhi and Indira Gandhi National Tribal University, Amarkantak
- 2018 Stone jars of North Cachar, Assam, Some Observations, In the International workshop on Hierarchy and Balance: The Role of Monumentality in European and Northeast Indian landscapes, organized by Nordic graduate School, Kiel University, Germany, and Nagaland University, March 17th to 24th, 2018
- 2018 Megalithic Monumentality in Vidarbha: Architectures and Commonality, In the International seminar on Building Big? Global Scales of Monumentality -an Ethno-Archaeological Perspectives, Organised by Nordic graduate School, Kiel University, Germany, and Nagaland University, March 12th to 16th, 2018
- 2017 Evidence of Shall Bangle Manufacturing at Manikapatana: a port in Coastal Odisha, in the International seminar on Archaeological Heritage of South Asia held on 19th to 21st November 2017 organised by Directorate of Archaeology, Govt. of Assam.
- 2016 Stone Jars of Assam: Unique Archaeological Evidence, Recent Trends in Archaeology of Assam, from Prehistory period onwards, Organized by Directorate of Archaeology, Government of Assam, November 2016.
2016 Archaeological Approach to History: Recent Archaeological Survey on the Stone Jars of North Cachar, Religion and Culture of in Northeast India, organized by Guahati University, November 2016
- 2016 Beads from Megalithic Vidarbha: Social and Cultural Symbolism, Bead: beyond an Ornament, Organised by Department of Archaeology, Kerala University, May 2016
- 2016 Ornaments of Garo: Social and Cultural symbolism, Bead: beyond an Ornament, Organised by Department of Archaeology, Kerala University, May 2016
- 2016 Archaeology of the Stone Jars: Recent Archaeological Research in North CacharDistrict of Assam, India, European Association for South Asian Archaeology and Art,Cardiff University, Wales, UK 4th to 8th July 2016
- 2016 Megaliths of India with special reference to Stone Jars of Assam, Outstanding
- Universal Value of Stone Jars of Laos PDR, Organised by UNISCO-Bangkok and Govt. of Lao PDR, June 2016.
- 2015 Archaeology of North Cachar: Recent Archaeological Exploration in Assam, 3rd biennial Conference of the International Association for Asian Heritage, organised by Centre for Asain Studies, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka, 27th -28th December 2015.
- 2015 Rock Art of Assam, National Seminar on Prehistory and Ethnoarchaeological Background of Rock Art with Emphasis on Assam and Adjoining States, organised by IGNCA, Gauwahti University and Tripura University from 26th to 27th Nov 2015.
- 2015 Recent Archaeological Research in Assam, International Seminar on Environment and Rice in Prehistory, held at Institute of Archaeology, University College London, 15 to 18 September 2015.
- 2015 The stone jars, the Zemi Nagas and hunt for “Deo Moni”, National Seminar on Naga Cultural Heritage organised by IGRMS and Kohima Science College at Kohima, September 2015.
- 2014 Stone Jars, Deo Moni and Seimi: Archaeology of a lost tribe, International Seminar organized by Infinity Foundation, USA and Indus University, Gujarat at Ahmadabad on 10th to 12th October.
- 2014 (with Tiatoshi Jamir) Engravings of North Cachar, Assam, National Seminar organized by Lalit Kala Academy at NEHU, Shillong from 1st to 2nd December.
- 2014 (with Tiatoshi Jamir and M. K. Cheuley) Recent Archaeological Investigation at North Cachar, Assam, Annual Conference of Indian Society for Prehistoric and Quaternary Studies held at Deccan College, Pune from 6th to 9th October.
- 2013 Pattanam Stone beads 2007, seminar on “ The Archaeology of Technology and Indian Ocean: Personal Adornment from Pattanam and Beyond” held at Pondicherry University organized by British Museum, KCHR and Pondicherry University from 15th to 19th August.
- 2013 (with Gautam Bondada) Style on Bangles: a socio-economic indicator, seminar on “ The Archaeology of Technology and Indian Ocean: Personal Adornment from Pattanam and Beyond” held at Pondicherry University organized by British Museum, KCHR and Pondicherry University from 15th to 19th August.
- 2013 (with S. Ray, and R. K. Mohanty) Early Buddhism in Odisha: Monasteries at languid, Slanpur and Ayodhya, International conference on Budhisim held at Udayagiri, Jajpur, Odisha from 1st to 3rd February.
- 2013 (with S. Ray) Early Historic Beads from excavations in Odisha: A Socio-cultural and economic implication, Seminar of Odisha History Congress held at Vyasnagar College, Jaspur, Odisha from 16th to 17th February.
- 2013 (with S. Ray and R. K. Mohanty) Craft production and distribution at Coastal Odisha: assessment of shell Bengal manufacturing at Manikapatana, Seminar of Odisha History Congress held at Vyasnagar College, Jaspur, Odisha from 16th to 17th February.
- 2013 (with Atual Pradhan) Megalithic Culture of Central India: Some Issues of Chhattisgarh and Vidarbha Megalithic Culture, National Seminar on Art and Architecture of Central India with Special reference to South Kosala, organized by Director of Culture and Archaeology, Raipur from 12th to 13th January.
- 2012 (with R. K. Mohanty and S. Vaidya) Reverend Stephen Hislop and Antiquity of Archaeological Investigation in Maharashtra, XL annual seminar of Indian Society for Prehistoric and Quaternary Studies held at Vadodara from 22nd to 24th November.
- 2012 (with R. K. Mohanty) Architectural Variations of Burial: socio-economic significance of Vidarbha Megalithic culture, Central India, Conference on the “Archaeology of Central Region” jointly organized by the Central region of Archaeology Survey of India and the Director of Archaeology, Archives and Museums from 13th to 14th October at Bhopal.
- 2012 Ethno-archaeology of Shell fishing and Lime Production: Prospect for Northeast, Regional Conference on “Archaeology of North-Eastern India” organized by the Archaeological Survey of India, Guwahati Circle from 20th to 21st July.
- 2012 (with R.K. Mohanty, M. L. Smith, P.P. Joglekar and T. Pradan) Situating Sisuplagarh in Time and Space: Landscape of Early Historic Cities in Eastern Odisha, 21st conference of South Asian Archaeology held in Paris from 2nd to 4th July 2012.
- 2011 (R. K. Mohanty and P.P. Joglekar) Shell Bangle Manufacturing in Coastal Odisha: A study of Surface Collection at Manikapatana, Annual conference organized by Department of Archaeology, University of Kerala Thiruvanthapuram and Archaeological Survey of India, Thrissur Circle from 11th to 13th November.
- 2011 (with R.K. Mohanty, P.P. Joglekar, M. L. Smith and T. Pradan) Sisuplagarh and Beyond: Early Historic Cities in Odisha, conference organized by Department of Archaeology, University of Kerala, Thiruvanthapuram and Archaeological Survey of India, Thrissur Circle from 11th to 13th November.
- 2011 Traditional healing System of North-east India-a brief survey, National Seminar cum workshop on History of Indian Science and technology and Traditional Knowledge System, sponsored by Infinity Foundation, USA and ICHR, New Delhi held at Institute of Rajasthan Studies, Udaipur from 12th to 14th January.
- 2011 (with R. K. Mohanty) Indian Beads: techno-typological achievements, National Seminar cum workshop on History of Indian Science and technology and Traditional Knowledge System, sponsored by Infinity Foundation, USA and ICHR, New Delhi held at Institute of Rajasthan Studies, Udaipur from 12th to 14th January.
- 2010 Shell fishing and lime manufacturing at Manikapatana: an ethno-archaeological study, 38th Annual conference of ISPQS held at Lucknow University from 28th to 30th December.
- 2010 (with R. K. Mohanty) Early Iron Age and Early Historic etched carnelian beads from Maharashtra: a study of provenance and trade, 44th Annual conference of IAS held at Lucknow University from 28th to 30th December.
- 2010 Studies on Indian Beads and Prof. S. B. Deo’s Contribution, Seminar on Recent Archaeological Achievements in India held at Lucknow University from 28 to 30th December.
- 2010 (with S. Vaidya) A brief look into Megalithic in Western Maharashtra: A reappraisal, Seminar on Recent Archaeological Achievements in India Held at Lucknow University from 28 to 30th December.
- 2010 Early Iron Age Beads from Vidarbha: A Study of Social Economic Significance of Beads, held at Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Gujarat, India, under UGC DRS/SAP 3rd and 4th December.
- 2010 (with S.Vaidya and R. K. Mohanty) Appraisal of the Early Iron Age Vidarbha Megalithic Culture: call for a new research design for the study of mortuary practice, held at Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Gujarat, India, under UGC DRS/ SAP 3rd and 4th December.
- 2010 (with P.J. Cherian, V. Selvakumar, K. P. Shajan, K. Rajan, K. Dutta, S. Srinivasan, A. Mair, M.D. Kajale, and S. Abraham) Local History of Muciri (Muziris): Archaeological Evidence from Pattanam, India, 20th Conference of the European Association for South Asian Archaeology and Art Held at Vienna 4th to 9th July.
- 2010 (with P.J. Cherian, R. K. Moahnty, V. Selvakumar and K. P. Shajan) Relevance of Semiprecious Stone Bead manufacturing evidence at Pattanam: an Early Historic Port City in Kerala Coast, India, 20th Conference of the European Association for South Asian Archaeology and Art, Held at Vienna 4th to 9th July.
- 2010 The Kamakhya cult: Non-Brahmanical and Brahmanical elements in the Shaktim of Assam, UGC sponsored National seminar on Shakti in Indian Philosophy, Art, archaeology and Literature from 29th to 30th March in Sathataye College, Mumbai.
- 2010 (with S. Vaidya) Buddhism and Triratna Symbol: evidence and relevance during the Early Historic Period in Maharashtra, Poster Presentation in the International seminar on Buddhist Heritage, Gujarat from 15th to 17th January held at M.S. University, Baroda, Gujarat.
- 2009 (with P. J. Cherian, R. K. Mohanty and V. Selvakumar) Craft, interactions and marketing: assessment of stone bead manufacturing craft at Pattanam, Kerala, India, Annual seminar of Indian Society for Prehistoric and Quaternary Studies held at Allahabad University, Allahabad from 14th to 17th November.
- 2009 (with Gautam Bondada) Styles on Bangles: A study of decoration and style on shell bangles from Nevasa, Maharashtra, Annual seminar of Indian History and Culture society held at Allahabad University, Allahabad from 14th to 17th November.
- 2009 (with P. J. Cherian and R.K. Mohanty) Manufacturing technology of stone beads: a study from Pattanam, Kerala, National seminar on Materials Technology in Ancient India held at College of Engineering, Pune, organized by College of Engineering, The Indian Institute of Metals and Society of South Asian Archaeology from during 20th to 21st March.
- 2009 Stone jars at North Cacher district, Assam: A cultural perspective for archaeological investigation with Southeast Asian countries, Seminar on Cultures of the North East India: Ethnic and Archaeological Background, held at centre for Archaeological Studies and training, eastern India, Kolkata from 5th to 9th November.
- 2008. (with P.J. Cherian, R. K. Mohanty, V. Selvakumer and K. P. Shajan) Manufacturing of Stone Ornaments at Pattanam, Kerala: a Preliminary study from 2007 Excavations, XXXVI Annual conference of the Indian Society for Pre-historic and Quaternary Studies held in Bhubaneswar from 29th – 31st December.
- 2008 (with Jeewan Kharakwal and Toshiki Osada) Paliyas of Kachchh: study of Paliyas at Kanmer, Gujarat, XXXVI Annual conference of the Indian Society for Pre-historic and Quaternary Studies held in Bhubaneswar from 29th – 31st December.
- 2007 (with R. K. Mohanty) Indian beads: History and Technology, seminar on History of Indian Science and Technology held at Deccan College from 13th to 16th December.
- 2007 (with R. K. Mohanty 2007) Manufacturing and Distribution of the Early Historic Beads: A case study from Mahurjhari, Central India, XXXXIV Annual conference of the Indian Archaeological Society held at Raipur from 1st – 4th December 2007.
- 2007 (with R. K. Mohanty) Annihilation of Archaeological Sites: A case study of Megalithic Vidarbha, Maharashtra, XXXV Annual conference of the Indian Society for Pre-historic and Quaternary Studies held at Raipur from 1st – 4th December.
- 2006 (with R. K. Mohanty) Artifacts from Megalithic Culture of Vidarbha: Their functional analysis, XXXIV Annual Conference of Indian Society of Prehistoric and Quaternary Studies held at Gwalior from 2nd to 5th December.
- 2005 (with R.K. Mohanty) A comparative Study of Beads from Vidarbha Megaliths, Maharashtra, XXXIII Annual Conference of Indian Society of Prehistoric and Quaternary Studies held at Bangalore from 15th to 18th December.
- 2005 (with R. K. Mohanty and P.P Joglaker) Craft Specialization and socio-economic behaviour of the Megalithic People of Vidarbha, National Seminar on Megalithic
traditions in Ethnography and Archaeology in India, held at Indiar Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalya, Bhopal from 28th to 30 November.
- 2008 “Ancient Indian Coins” held at Indian Institute of Research in Numismatic studies,Nashik on from 16th October to 20th October.
- 2014 “Experimental Lithic knapping and Microwear Studies” held at Nagaland University from 15th March to 22nd March.
- 2014 “Experimental Research Methodology” held at North Eastern Hill University, Tura Campus from 22nd to 30th November.
INVITED LECTURE DELIVERED
- 2018. Delivered a keynote lecture in the seminar “Building Gig? Global Scale of Monumentality- an Ethno-Archaeological Perspective” held on 12th to 16th March 2018, organised by Nagaland University, Nordic Graduate School in Archaeology and Kiel University.
- 2018. Delivered 5 lectures as Resource person in the National Workshop on “Archaeology: Methods and Approaches” held on 30th April to 7th May 2018, Organised by Dept. History and Archaeology, Nagaland University
- 2017 “Recent Archaeological Research in Assam special reference to Dima Hasao”, Special
- Winter School in Cultural Heritage and Studies on NE India, UGC-HRDC, Gauhati University, 23rd January to 12th February 2017
- 2017 Indian Beads: History, Technology and Symbolism, Special Winter School in Cultural
- Heritage and Studies on NE India, UGC-HRDC, Gauhati University, 23rd January to 12th February 2017
- 2014 Keynote Address " Archaeology, Culture and Sustainable Development: the Northeast India scenario" UGC-Sponsored seminar on Traditional Culture of NEIndia: Basis for Sustainable Development held at Mariani College, Jorhat from 19th to 20th September.
- 2011 “Indian Beads: Archaeological and Ethnographic Studies” Lecture delivered in the workshop organized in Indian Museum, Kolkata from 14th to 15th December.
- 2010 “Indian Beads: development and achievements in typo-technology” Lecture delivered tostudents of certificate course Ancient Indian Art and technology organized by Department of extra mural science of Mumbai University, August.
- 2009 “Archaeological excavation methods and techniques” Lecture delivered to students of certificate course on Archaeology organized by Department of extra mural science of Mumbai University, November.
- 2015 Visited Institute of Archaeology, London on invitation from 14th to 23rd September
- 2015 Visited Laos PDR in a UNISCO programme
- 2015 Visited University of Kelaniya, Colombo, Srilanka
- 2016 Visited Cardiff University, UK
- 2016 Visited Laos PDR for participation in archaeological excavation.
- 2019 Visited France to attend the Meeting of “Megaliths of the World”
a) As In-charge and Supervisor
- Participated in excavations and explorations at Ambari, Kahale-Brahamapuri, Moregaon, Mahurjhari, Sisupalgarh, Kanmer, Junnar, Manikapatna, Golabi Sasan, Talapada, Harirajpur, Mallhi, Bhadravati, Pattanam and Mimi
b) Excavated a Prehistoric site in Meghalaya in 2017.