Prof. D. K. Choubey
M.A. Gauhati University, Ph.D. Manipur University
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
Medieval Literature, Comparative Literature and Translation
- Lecturer in Rangapara College, Assam. 1984-1985
- Lecturer & Senior lecturer in Naharkatiya College 1985-1999.
- Senior Lecturer of Arunachal University 1999-2002
- Reader in Department of Hindi NEHU, Shillong from 30.01.2002
- Associate Professor from 2006
- Professor from 12.06.2012
PhD Awarded/Supervised: 12 and M.Phil- 12
Administrative responsibilities undertaken:
- Two terms HOD, Hindi from 2005-2008 & 2013-2016.
- Member of Academic Council, Board of Research Studies & University Court of NEHU and members of various Universities and Academic Organizations.
- Examiner of Various Courses like P.G., M.Phil & Ph.D. of other Universities and Colleges of the country.
- UGC Teaching Fellow for Research
Member of academic Institute No. of - 6 Universities of N.E region and IGNOU Delhi, Member Expert SLET N.E region, SLET Maharashtra, SLET Andhra Pradesh, Central Hindi Directorate Delhi, Central Hindi Institute, Agra.
Research Project (UGC)
- Mahapurush Shankardev Evam Madhawdev Ka Vyaktitwa Evam Krititwa Kee Samiksha Evam Unakee Kritiyon Ka Lipyantaran Sahit Anuwaad,(UGC) Delhi 2009-2011
At present on going research
- Poorvottar ki Bhashaon Evam Sahityaon ka Hindi ke Sath Tulnatmak Adhyayan
- Madhyakalin Assamiya Sahitya Evam Poorvottar ke Lok Sahitya ka Hindi Mein Sankalan, Shodh, Evam Anuvad
- Preparation of Dictionary Hindi and Jayantia, Pocket Dictionary of five languages: Hindi, Khasi, Jayantia, Garo, English and text books of schools of Meghalaya in the project of Central Hindi Institute Agra.
Published Books: (8)
- Shrimant Shankardev: Brajawali Samagra, Meghalay Rashtra bhasha Prachar Samiti, Shillong ,2014
- Mahapurush Madhadev : Brajawali Samagra, Meghalay Rashtra bhasha Prachar Samiti, Shillong 2013
- Asamiya aur Hindi Sahitya-Antarang Padtaal, Samiksha Publication(Shilpayan) Delhi, 2011
- Ramacharitmanas evam Kandali Ramayan kee Bhav Sampadaa ,Manav Prakashan, Kolkata,2009
- Assam Mein Vaishnaw Mat evam Sahitya, Meghalay Rashtra bhasha Prachar Samiti, Shillong ,2009
- Ram Kavya: Yugeen Parivesh evam Vichaar Dhara (Hindi Aur Asamiya Ka Sandarbh) Manav Prakashan, Kolkata,2008
- Hindi Aur Asamiya Kee Pratham Ramayan, Sanjay Book Center, Varanasi, 2001
- Kandali Ramayan Aur Manas ka Kathashilp, Raka Publication, Allahabad 2000
Edited Periodicals/Magazines, Dictionaries:
- NEHU Jyoti, Hindi Prakostha, NEHU Shillong (from 2016)
- Khashi, English and Hindi Learner Dictionary, NEHU Publication
- Samanvay Purvottar (Central Hindi Institute, Regional Centre, Shillong(from 2008)
- Garo, Hindi, Khasi, English Learner Dictionary Published by Kendriya Hindi Sansthan , Agra
- Garo, Hindi, English Dictionary Pub.- NEHU
- NEHU Research Journal (Hindi Version),NEHU Shillong
- Meghalaya Darpan, Meghalay Rashtrabhasha Prachar Samiti, Shillong
Chapter Published in Text Books (12)
- Bharatiya Sahitya Kosh, Khasi Sahitya, Sanjay Prakashan, Delhi 2005
- Samikshak- Dibrugarh University, Adhunik Hindi Sahitya mein Patrakaritaa Ka Yogadaan , Vishwawidyalay Prakashan, Dibrugarh, 2009
- Asahyog Aandolan : Asamiya Andolan, Asahyog Aandolan, Uttar Poorvanchaleeya, Poorvanchaleeya Hindi Urdu Sahitya, Presidency College, kolkata 2010
- Dhaai Aakhar, Assam Mein Saampradaayik Souhard Ke Prateek Jikir Geet, National Foundation for Communal Harmony 2003
- Bhakti Andolan Evam Rashtriya Ekata, Raamakhyanak Parampara Aur Assam Mein ShriMant Shankardev 2010
- Samakaleen Kavita Ke Katha- Vaishishtya Ke Pariprekshya Mein Kavi Bhagawat Rawat, Nayee Kawita : Wiwidh Paksha, Udyog Nagar Prakashan 2014
- Meghalay Kee Hindi Evam Hindittar Patrakarita, Bharateeya Patrakarita : Naye Kshitij, Shri Nataraj Prakashan, 2014
- Hindi Bhasha Aur Vigyapan Ka Antah Sambandh: Bhasha, Samay Evam Samvaad, Today and Tomorrow Printers and Publishers, New Delhi 2016
- Purvottar Kshetra Ke Sambandh Mein Lok Sahitya : Ek Anushalilan, Purvottar Rajyon Ka Lok Sahitya, Akhil Bharatiya Sahitya Parishad Nyas, New Delhi 2015
- Arunanchal Pradesh Ke Aapatani Bhasha Kee Lokoktiyan : Swarup Vivechan, Bharatiya Sahitya Mein Lokoktiyan aur Muhawaren, Akhil Bharatiya Sahitya Parishad Nyas, New Delhi 2015
Papers presented in Conferences/Seminars:
Near about 60 National & International Seminars, Workshops, Refresher courses and Training programs.