Mr. Rubul Kumar Bania
Computer Applications Department
Designation: Assistant Professor
MCA, M.Tech-IT, Ph.D (Ongoing)
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
Data mining, Medical Image Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Algorithms and Data structure.
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Applications, North-Eastern Hill University, Tura Campus, Tura Meghalaya, India (Since 16th May 2013)
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science, Assam Don Bosco University, Azara, Guwahati, Assam (Since Jan 2013 to May 2013).
- Full Time Research Scholar in the Computer Science and Engineering Department of Tezpur University, Assam (Since August 2012 to January 2013).
- Distinction in M.Tech-IT.
- UGC Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF), JRF 2012-2013.
Administrative responsibilities undertaken:
- Member, School Board, School of Technology, NEHU (2016-2019).
- Member, BOS, Dept. of Architecture, NEHU (2016-2019 & 2019-2021).
- Member, BOS, Dept. of Nano Technology, NEHU (2016-2019).
- Member, BOS, Dept. of Computer Application, NEHU (2016-2019 & 2019-2021)
- Member, BOS, Dept. of Bio-Medical Engineering, NEHU (2019-2021)
- Member, PGSU Election Committee (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018)
Research Papers Published in Journals (Peer-Reviewed)
- R. K. Bania and A. Halder (2019), “Adaptive Trimmed Median Filter for Impulse Noise Detection and Removal with an Application to Mammogram Images”, Accepted Paper in “International Journal of Image and Graphics”. ISSN: 0219-4678. Indexing: Web of Science and Scopus.
- D. Borah and R. K. Bania (2019), “A Local type-2 Fuzzy Set based Technique for HE stain Image Enhancement”, Article In Press. “Ingenieria Solidaria”. ISSN: 2357-6014. Indexing: Web of Science.
- R. K. Bania (2019), “State-of-the-art Review: Solid Waste Management with Advanced Computational Technologies”, International Journal of Scientific Research and Reviews, 8(2), pp. 2512-2525, ISSN: 2279–0543, UGC J.No: 63179 (till June 14 2019).
- C.I. Khyriem and R. K. Bania (2019), “ A Customer Opinion Categorization Framework for Indigenous Items of Jaintia and Khasi Hills”, “E-Commerce for Future & Trends”, ISSN: 2454-9347, UGC J.No: 47053 (till June 14 2019).
- R. K. Bania and R. Khan (2018), “Handwritten Assamese Character Recognition using Texture and Diagonal Orientation features with Artificial Neural Network”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, (IJAER), 13(10), pp. 7797-7805. Indexing: Scopus. ISSN: 0973-4562. UGC J.No: 64529 (till June 14 2019).
- R.K. Bania and P. Duarah (2018), “Exam Time Table Scheduling using Graph Coloring Approach”, International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering. (IJCSE), 6(5), pp. 84-93. https://doi.org/10.26438/ijcse/v6i5.8493, ISSN: 2347-2693. UGC J.No: 63193 (till June 14 2019).
- R. K. Bania (2018), “An Enhanced Rough Set based Feature Grouping Approach for Supervised Feature Selection”, International Journal of Mathematical Sciences and Computing (IJMSC), 1(2), pp.71-82. DOI: 10.5815/ijmsc.2018.01.05, UGC J.No: 43851 (till June 14 2019).
- R.K. Bania (2015), “A Comprehensive review study on big data”, International Journal of Computer Engineering and Applications, 9 (12), pp. 83-91, ISSN: 2321-3469. UGC J.No: 44835 (till June 14 2019).
- R.K. Bania (2015), “Comparative Review on Classical Rough Set Theory based Feature Selection Methods”, International Journal of Computer Applications, 114 (19), pp.31-35. DOI: 10.5120/20089-2125, ISSN: 0975 -8887.
- R.K. Bania (2014), “Survey on Feature Selection for Data Reduction”, International Journal of Computer Applications, 94(18), pp.1-8. DOI: 10.5120/16456-2390, ISSN: 0975 -8887.
Edited Book Chapters:
- R. K. Bania and S. Sharma, Chapter Title: A Review on Solid waste management with recent advanced technologies in Global and Indian context. Book Title: Climate Change and Sustainable Management of Natural Resources, ISBN- 978-93-87263-90-1, 2018 (October).
- R. K. Bania and A. Halder, “Empirical study towards segmentation of mass lesion in digitized mammogram images”, Advances in Science and Technology, Vol-1, ISBN-978-81-908910-9-7, Publisher: i-Manager, India, 2018.
Papers Presented in Conferences/Seminars:
- Presented a Paper on “Automatic Removal of Pectoral Muscle from Mediolateral Oblique View Mammograms”, in 2nd National Conference on Recent advances in Science and Technology (NCRAST), May 15-17, 2019. Assam Science & Technical University, Guwahati, Assam.
- Presented a Paper on “Empirical Study towards Segmentation of Mass Lesion in digitized Mammogram Images”, in 1st National Conference on Recent advances in Science and Technology (NCRAST), March 15-17, 2018. Assam Science & Technical University, Guwahati, Assam.
- Presented a Paper on “An effective supervised filter based feature selection algorithm using rough set theory”, in IEEE International Conference on Energy Communication Data analytics and Soft computing (ICECDS 2017), 1-2 August 2017, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Presented a Paper on “Fuzzy Rough set gene selection for gene expression data”, National seminar on Advances of Bioinformatics and computational biology in applied Biotechnology. October-5, 2015, NEHU, Tura Campus.
- Presented a Paper on “A New modified approach to Rough Set Feature Selection” in 3rd ACM International Conference on Computer Applications, 27-29 December, 2012 at Pondicherry.
Participation in Workshops/Training Programmes
- Participation in (Interdisciplinary) Refresher Course (24th Sep 2018 to 14th Oct 2018), Gauhati University, Assam. 24th Sep - 14th Oct 2018
- Participation in Faculty Development Programme. (Organized by Dept of MBA, NEHU, Tura Campus). 1-14 March 2018.
- Participation in Training on Laravel (A PhP framework) organized by Dept. of IT, Gauhati University. 27 March - 3rd April 2017.
- Participation in National level Workshop on Big Data at Gauhati University. 2-6 Feb 2017.
- Participation in Summer School- Soft Computing Paradigm and Machine Intelligence Techniques. 7-11 July 2016.
- Participation in 2nd IEEE workshop on Advanced Matlab Applications-ADMAT 2015, IIT Guwahati, 11-12 April 2015.
- Participation in UGC Sponsored Orientation Course (), at Gauhati University, Assam, 28th July to 24th August 2014.
- Participation in Workshop on Network Implementation and Security at Dept of Computer Science, Gauhati University. 7-8 Feb 2014.
- Participation in 15th Workshop on computational Information Processing organized by ISI-Kolkata and Dept. of IT, NEHU Shillong. 3-6 December, 2013.
- Participated in 3rd International Conference on Computer Applications, organized by Techno Forum Research and Development Centre, at Hotel Accord, Pondicherry, 27-29 December, 2012.
- Participated in National Workshop on Malware Threats and Defense (NWMTD) at Tezpur University during June 20-21, 2011.
Invited as a Resource Person/Lectures delivered
- External Expert for Evaluation of Final Year B.Tech Project work (CSE/IT), Dept of IT, Gauhati University. 21st - 23rd June 2016.
- Resource Person for Conducting Entrepreneurship Awareness camps (EACs) in Dept. Computer Application from 23rd -25th March 2017.
- Resource Person for Bioinformatics: Linking Science to information Technology, March-2018, BIF centre, Dept. of RDAP, NEHU Tura campus, DBT sponsored.
- National Level Workshop on Network Security. Date 26-27th May 2016, Department of Computer Application, NEHU, Tura Campus.