Mr. Rameez R. Gazi
Designation: Assistant Professor
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch)
- Masters in Landscape Architecture (M.L.Arch)
Areas of Interest/ Specialization
- Landscape Architecture
- Sustainable Buildings
- Energy Efficient Buildings
- Industry – 2 yrs.
- Academics – 6 yrs.
Administrative Responsibilities undertaken
- Teacher-in-charge of the Department of Architecture – on numerous occasions
- Teacher-in-charge of the department of Bio-medical Engineering – during winter vacations
- Member of the committee constituted by the Dean, SOT to frame the regulations for starting the 5 year B.Arch degree course.
- Member of the Departmental Purchase Committee (DPC) - Architecture
- Member of Board of Studies in Architecture, NEHU
- Member of Board of Studies in Information Technology, NEHU
- Member of Board of Studies in Bio-medical Engineering, NEHU
- Member of School Board of Technology, NEHU
- Member of screening committee for appointment of Guest faculty for the Dept. of Architecture
- Invigilator and Test Center Coordinator for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA)
- Member of Building Committee of the University, NEHU
- Member of Board of Studies in Computer Applications - Tura, NEHU
Papers presented in Conferences/ seminars
- Passive heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) system for an energy efficient and sustainable housing in rural areas - National Conference on Renewable Energy Technology Utilization for Rural Development & Trade Show (NCRETURD – 2017) at the Department of Energy Engineering
- Water Budgeting and Management for Sustainable Landscape – International Seminar on “UNDERSTANDING WATER CRISIS : THE WAY FORWARD” 2019; organized by Synod College, Shillong in collaboration with P. A. SANGMA FOUNDATION & INSTITUTE OF NATURAL RESOURCES (MEGHALAYA BASIN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY)
- Lecture as a resource person on Energy Conservation Building Codes (ECBC) - ATAL workshop on “Energy Management and Audit” at the Dept. of Energy Engineering
- Pre Qualified for the design competition of the World Class Landmark, Barik, Shillong, from the Department of Urban Affairs, Government of Meghalaya.
- Collaborated with Dr. Manoj Kr. Sing – JSPS Postdoctoral fellow from the University of Tokyo, Japan for his research COMFORT STATUS IN OFFICES OF NORTH-EAST INDIA : Shillong; during - 2016-17
- Registered as an Architect with the Council of Architecture (COA), New Delhi
- Member of the Indian Society of Landscape Architects (ISOLA)