- Research Associate: NCL, Pune (1993-1995)
- Scientist: Ecole de Chemie, Montpellier,France (1995-1996)
- Visiting Scientist: University of Leuven, Belgium (1996-1998, 2003, 2005)
- Senior Scientist: AIST, Tsukuba, Japan (1998-2002)
- Reader: NEHU (2003-2006)
- Associate Professor: NEHU (2006-2009)
- Professor: NEHU (2009 -- onwards)
- Head, Computer Centre: July,2013 –March,2017
- Head, Chemistry Department: February, 2018 --
H-index: 33 i10 index: 92 Citations: 3741 (as on May, 2019)
Recent Representative Publications [Total Publications: 152]
- Project Supervision: 2 (DST,CSIR);
- Ph.D. Student: Supervised: 4 ; Working: 3
- M.Sc. Project Student Supervised: 30
- Dual level direct dynamics study of gas phase reaction of CF3CH2OCH2CF3 with Cl atoms and atmospheric degradation of CF3CH2OCH2CF3, M. Lily, B. Baidya, A.K. Chandra Chem. Phys. Lett. 721, 141 (2019).
- Unusual Fluorine Substitution Effect on S…Cl Bonding between Sulfides and Atomic Chlorine, D. Sutradhar, S. Bhattarai, Th. Zeegers-Huyskens, A.K. Chandra J. Phys. Chem. A 122, 7142 (2018).
- Theoretical Insight into the Kinetics of H-Abstraction Reaction of CHF2CH2OH with OH Radical, Atmospheric Lifetime and Global Warming Potential, B. Baidya, M. Lily, A.K. Chandra Chemistry Select 3, 6136 (2018).
- Halogen Bonding between Substituted Chlorobenzene and Trimethylamine: Decisive Role of s-Hole and C-Cl bond Breaking Energy, D. Sutradhar, A.K. Chandra Int. J. Quantum. Chem. 118, e25511(2018).
- Theoretical studies on atmospheric chemistry of HFE-245mc and perfluoro-ethyl formate: Reaction with OH radicals, atmospheric fate of alkoxy radical and global warming potential, M. Lily, B.Baidya, A. K. Chandra Chem.Phys. Lett. 669, 211 (2017).
- A theoretical study of Csp−H???π hydrogen bonds and stability of complexes formed by acetylene and its substituted derivatives with C6H6 and B3N3H6, P.N. Khanh, V.T. Ngan, N.T. Hong Man, N.T.I. Nhung, A. K. Chandra, N.T. Trung RSC Advances 6, 106662 (2016).
- Theoretical Studies on Atmospheric Chemistry of (CF3)2C(OH)CH3: Kinetics, Mechanism and Thermochemistry of Gas Phase Reactions with OH Radicals, M. Lily, A.K. Chandra J. Fluor. Chem. 175, 185 (2015).
- Theoretical investigation on kinetics and thermochemistry of reaction of CHF2CF2OCH2CF3 with OH radicals and global warming potentials M. Lily, A.K. Chandra Mol. Phys. 113, 508 (2015).
- Kinetics mechanism and thermochemistry of the gas-phase reactions of CF3CH2OCH2CF3 with OH radicals : A theoretical study, M. Lily, B.K. Mishra, A.K. Chandra J. Fluor. Chem. 161, 51(2014).
- Strong Hyperconjugative Interactions in Isolated and WaterComplexes of Desflurane: A Theoretical Investigation, D. Sutradhar, Th. Zeegers-Huyskens, A.K. Chandra, J. Phys. Chem.A 117, 8545 (2013).
- Theoretical study of the O…Cl interaction in fluoroniated dimethyl ethers complexed with a Cl atom: Is it through a two-center-three-electron bond? Th. Zeegers-Huyskens, M. Lily, D. Sutradhar, A.K. Chandra, J. Phys. Chem. A 117, 8010 (2013).