M.A (Utkal), Ph. D (Utkal)
|Areas of Interest/Specialization||Economics of Development/ Rural Development/Act East Policy and Regional Development/Economy of North East India.|
1. Asia Fellows Award, 2003, awarded by Asian Scholarship Foundation, Bangkok.
2. National Merit Scholarship of Govt. of India from 1978-1982.
3. Chinese Govt. Senior Advanced Scholarship in Economics.1998-1999, MHRD, Govt. of India (Awarded, could not avail because of personal reasons).
4. Visiting professor, in the department of economics, Punjabi University, Patiala, 2018.
5. Empanelled as India Study Chair Professor by ICCR 2017.
1. Basumatary, N.(2019) : Economic Development and Governance in Assam: An Analysis of Bodoland Territorial Area District. (submitted)
2. Singh, K.K.(2019) : Subsistence Farming and the Role of Women in the Uplands: A Case Study of Nongtrai Area in Meghalaya.
3. Roy, Chhanda.(2018) : Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act: Implementation and Evaluation in Bodoland Territorial Districts of Assam.
4. Nongsteng, Apsaralin(2018): Infrastructure and State Level Economic Growth in India
5. Deka, T.(2017) : Imapct Assessment of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme: A Case Study of Assam.
6. Khongjoh, Ibalari. (2015): Liberalisation and Small Scale Sector in India: An Analysis of its Growth and Performance
7. Changkery, I. (2013): Economics of Urban Informal Sector in Nagaland: A Case Study of Dimapur.
8. Wanswett, I. (2013): Rural Non-Farm Employment in North-East India: A Case Study of Meghalaya .
9. Bhuyan, Z. (2012): Women in Urban Informal Sector: A Study in Women's Participation in Earning Opportunities and Empowerment (joint supervisor)
10. Saikia, J. (2009): Economics of Informal Milk Producing Units in Guwahati City
11. Umdor, S. (2007): An Assessment of the Self Help Groups Credit Programme in Meghalaya.(joint Supervisor)
|M.Phil. students Guided||1. Deka, T. (2009): India's Look East Policy & the North East- Problems and Prospects of Regional Integration.
2. Bhuiyan, S. (2008): Microfinance and Self Help Groups: A Case Study of Assam.
(a) Books and Research Study Series Published:
(b) Select Research Papers (published in Scopus indexed and internationally known academic publications)
(c) Publications in Other Journals and Edited Volumes
Articles Published in News Papers and Magazines:
Keynote address, Special Lecture and Session Chair
Working Committee and Project Reports :