Areas of Interest/Specialization: Biochemistry, Immunology, Medicinal plants
- Lecturer (2003-2005): Department of Biotechnology, St. Anthony’s College, Shillong
- Assistant Professor (2005-present): Department of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, NEHU, Shillong
Research Projects: 5
- Selected in M.Sc. Biotechnology at Tezpur University, Assam through All India Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology (CEEB) conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi and received monthly scholarship by Department of Biotechnology (Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India), New Delhi for tenure of two years during M.Sc. session 2001-2003
- Qualified Joint Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-University Grants Commission (CSIR-UGC)-Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Eligibility for Lectureship National Eligibility Test 2003 in Life Sciences
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering (GATE) 2004 with 94.54 percentile in Life Sciences
- Awarded BioCARe Women Scientist Project by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, New Delhi in the year 2014.
- Awarded Overseas Associateships for the Scientists of North Easter Region by the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, New Delhi. Venue: St. Vincent’s Institute, Melbourne, Australia in the year 2014 for 6 months period
Phd Awarded/Supervised: 4
Papers presented in Conferences/Seminars: 8
- Collaboration with Department of Biotechnology, IIT, Kharagpur and Department of Petroleum Technology, Dibrugrah University during a DBT-Twinning Project from 2014-2017
- Organising Secretary for National Seminar on “Metabolomics A New Frontier in Natural Product Research” in the Department of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, NEHU, Shillong from 23rd -24th May 2014.
- Member of Organising Committee for National Workshop on “Hands on training on Techniques in Biotechnological Research” in the Department of Biotechnology &Bioinformatics and Department of Zoology, NEHU, Shillong from 24th February- 8th March 2014.
- Treasurer and member of Organising Committee for National Conference on “Recent Advances in Applied Biological Sciences” in the Department of Biotechnology & Bioinformatics, NEHU, Shillong from 4th - 5th May 2018.