Dr. S. C. Choudhury
Designation: Assistant Professor
M.Sc. (Zoology), Ph.D. (Zoology)
Areas of Interest / Specialization : Entomology
Experience : 17 Years teaching experience
Administrative Responsibility undertaken:
- Member of School Board of Life Sciences
- Member of Board of Studies Zoology
- Member of M.Sc. admission Committee, Zoology
- Member of Ph.D. admission committee, Zoology
- Kharbuli B., Varman, A.R. and Choudhury S. (1989). Impa ct of host plants on the food utilization of Pieris brassicae (L). Geobios, 16: 170-175.
- Choudhury S., Kharbuli B. and Varman, A.R. (1993). Hormonal control of colour change in the body cuticle of the prepupae of Chelura bifasicata (Lepidoptera). Annals of Entomology, 11: 43-46.
- Dey S., Choudhury S. and Varman A.R. (1995). Structural and chemical specialization of the cuticle of Euthenes species in relation to its photo physiological and other physical properties. Cytobios, 81: 251-260.
- Choudhury S., Kharbuli B and Varman AR. (1996). The effect of 3’-5’ cyclic –AMP on the pre- pupal colouration of Chelura bifasicata (Lepidoptera). Annals of Entomology, 14:79-81.
- Varman A. R., Myer- Rochow V.B., Dey S., Kharbuli B. and Choudhury S. (1996). Properties and synthesis of Porphyrins of Human retina. Bulletin of Life Sciences, 6:81-84.
- Dey S., Bhattacharjee C.R., Arjun J., Das M. and Choudhury S. (1997). Abnormalities in surface ultrastructural features and infrared absorption characteristics of the lens of albino mice born to females receiving oral doses of lead during pregnancy.Biomedical letters, 55:75-82.
- Dey S., Hooroo R.N.K., Biswas N., Varman A.R. and Choudhury S. (1999). Cellular features of the Muga silk worm (Antherea assama WW., Lepidoptera: Saturnidae) Midgut and its possible impact on indoor repaing. Sericologia, 39:529-535.
- Margnar D., Kharbuli B and Choudhury S. (2004). Effect of Ageratum conyzoides extracts on consumption growth rate and conversion efficiencies in the instar nymphs of Oxyla hyla. Uttar Pradesh Journal of Zoology, 24:267-276.
- Dey S., Singh S., Chakraborty R., Hooroo R.N.K. and Choudhury S. (2009). A Scanning electron microscopic study on the cephalic cuticular sensillae of different larval stages of Antheraea assamensis, an indigenous silkworm species of Northeast India. Microscopy Research and Technique, 72: 924-932.
- Dey and Choudhury et al. (2011). UV- Reflecting wing scales in the silk moth Antheraea assamensis: Its Biophysical implications. Microscopy Research and Technique, 28-35.
- Kharbangar M., Hajong S.R. and Choudhury S. (2013) New records of Thrips (Tysanoptera) species associated with rice in Khasi Hills, Meghalaya. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies, 1:100- 104.
- Nongtraw I., Choudhury S. and Ramanujam S.R. (2014). Study on the diversity of aquatic Hemipteran and Coleoptera in some aquatic ecosystems of Meghalaya. Biodiversity and Livelihood: Proceedings of the National Conference on Biodiversity, 233:-239.
- Kharbangar M., Choudhury S. and Hajong S.R. (2014). Occurrence and abundance of Thrips(Thysanopter) associated with rice crops from Meghalaya. Biodiversity and livelihood: Proceedings of the National Conference on Biodiversity, 241-245.
- Das K.S., Choudhury S., and L Nonglait K. C. (2017). Zootherapy among the ethnic groups of North Eastern region of India-a critical review. Journal of Critical Reviews, 4:1-9.
- Choudhury S., Das, K. S. and Nnonglait K.C.L. (2017). Ecological and Medicinal Importance of Termite Fauna. The NEHU Journal, 15(1):79-87.
- Dey S. and Choudhury S. (2018). Physiological significance of gravity receptors on larval cephalic cuticle in the Silk moth, Antheraea proylei Jolly. Microscopy Research and Technique, 81(9):1-8.