Mr. Sanat Das
Energy Engineering Department
Designation: Assistant Professor
- M.Tech (Aerospace Propulsion, IIT KANPUR, UTTAR-PRADESH)
- B.Tech (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, OSME, ODISHA)
- DIPLOMA (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, SMIT, ODISHA)
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
Propulsion, Thermal Engineering, Renewable Sources of Energy and Utilisation
More than 15 years of Teaching B. Tech Undergraduate Students
Administrative responsibilities undertaken:
- Member, Board of Professional Studies in Energy Engineering, presently Board of Studies, NEHU.
- Member, Departmental Purchase Committee, Department of Energy Engineering, NEHU, Shillong.
- Member, Admission Committee of B. Tech Lateral Entry in Energy Engineering.
- Member, Admission Committee of B. Tech in Energy Engineering.
- Member, School Board for School of Technology, NEHU.
- Member, Board of Studies in Information Technology, NEHU.
- Dr. Samrat Paul (PI), Mr. Sanat Das (Co-PI) Synthesis of d-group metal Perovskite nanocomposite for Dye Sensitized Solar Cell, DST-SERB, Rs 46,12,722.00, March 2017-February 2020.
Seminar / Conference / Symposium / Training / Orientation / Extension Programme etc. Organized / Attended:
- Participated in the Short term Course in Research Methodology with Special Reference to SPSS from 19th May, 2014 to 24th May, 2014 organised by UGC-ASC, NEHU.
- Participated in short term course on “Renewable Energy Conversion Technology” organised by Power Electronics Group, CDAC (T) and NEHU, Shillong from 23rd September,2014 to 24th September,2014.
- Participated in the short-term course on “Multiphase Flow Reactors Insights through Experimental and CFD Techniques” organised by the Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Guwahati from 16th December,2014 to 20th December, 2014.
- Participated in the 30th Orientation program from 29th January, 2015 to 25th February, 2015 organised by UGC-ASC, NEHU .
- Participated in the One day Seminar on “Akshay Urza Diwas” on 20th August 2016 organised by Department of Energy Engineering, NEHU, Shillong.
- Participated in the “Gandhi Quiz” on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, October 2, 2016, organised by Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti, New Delhi.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored “Special Winter School on Cultural Heritage and North East Studies” from 23rd January, 2017 to 12th January, 2017 organised by UGC, HRDC, Gauhati University.
- Participated in the familiarisation program on “ Thermal Power Station Boilers and Energy Scenario” conducted by National Power Training Institute, NER, Guwahati on 9th June, 2017.
- Participated in the training program on “NBA Accereditation” organised by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Kolkata from 29th October, 2018 to 2nd November, 2018.
- Organizing Secretary of the “International Conference on Advanced Materials for Energy Science and Technology” held from 26th February, 2019 to 28th February, 2019 in the Department of Energy Engineering, NEHU, Shillong.
Invited talks at recognized institutions within or outside NEHU:
- Invited talk in the one day Entrepreneurship awareness Camp, Department of Energy Engineering, SoT, NEHU, Shillong.
Panellists, judges, Paper Setters, Moderators, etc. of events held at recognized academic institutions within or outside the University and its affiliated institutions:
- Judge for the “Poster Making Competition” in the one day Awareness Program on Renewable Energy organised by the Department of Energy Engineering, NEHU.
- Paper Setter of the “Mechanical Engineering” for the North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO), Shillong.
- Paper Setter of the “Mechanical Engineering” for the Meghalaya Public Service Commission (MPSC), Shillong.