- The quantile based flattened logistic distribution: some properties and applications. Communications in Statistics- Theory and Methods, 2019, 48(14), 3643-3662. (with D. Sharma)
- Some general results on quantile functions for the generalized beta family. Statistics, Optimization and Information Computing, 2017, 5(4), 360-377. (with D. Sharma)
- A wavelet based hybrid SARIMA-ETS model to forecast electricity consumption. Elec- tronic Journal of Applied Statistical Analysis, 2017, 10(2), 408-431. (with M. Deb)
- Corporate Sustainability Performance and Financial Performance: Empirical Evidence from Japan and India. Management and Labour Studies, 2017,42(2), 1-19. (with N. Laskar and S.G.Maji)
- On Size Biased Kumarswamy Distribution. Statistics, Optimization and Information Computing, 2017, 4(3), 252-264. (with D. Sharma)
- Functional time series analysis of age-specific fertility rates: visualizing the change in the age-pattern of fertility in India. International Journal of Advanced Statistics and Probability, 2016, 4(2), 79-89. (with M. Deb)
- Deconvolving Kernel Density Estimation of Right Censored Duration data with Recall Errors. American Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, 2014, 2(6), 416- 422.
- Forecasting rate of decline in infant mortality in South Asia using Random Walk approximation. International Journal of Statistics in Medical Research, 2014, 13(3), 282-290.
- Efficient Estimation of Tail Probability for Anthropometric z-scores using Parametric Bootstrap: Measuring Undernutrition Prevalence among Children under age five from North East India. Assam Statistical Review, 2013, 27(2), 96-115.
- On the Estimation of Finite Population Transition Probability Matrix. Assam Statistical Review, 2006, 20(2), pp. 129-143.(with B.M.Singh and T.P.Tripathi)
- Pattern of content selection: An explorative study of local dailies in Manipur. Annals of Library and Information Studies, 2006, Vol.53, pp.149-157. (with K. S. Devi)
- Duration of Breastfeeding in Northeast India: Estimates of Survival Function from Large Scale Health Surveys. Health and Population, Perspective & Issues, 2005, 28(3), pp. 108-121. (with K. Anand Singh)
- Analysis of Duration of Breast-feeding with Missing Covariate Data. Contributions to Applied and Mathematical Statistics, 2005, vol.3, pp. 1-18. (with Ksh. A. Singh)
- Exploring Pattern of Preference in Content Selection: A Brief Study of Local Dailies. 2004 http://ir.inflibnet.ac.in:8080/ir/bitstream/1944/438/1/04Planner_25.pdf pp. 194-201. (with K. S.Devi)
- Estimation of Finite Population Transition Probability Matrix Based on Two Stage Sam- pling Design. , Vol. 49 (195-196), 215-223. Calcutta Statistical Association Bulletin, 1999, 49(195-196), 215-223.(with B.M.Singh and T.P.Tripathi)
- Trends in Handloom Exports: A Strategic Analysis. Decision, 1994, 21(3), pp. 159-171. (with V.S.Pai and V.Vadivel)
- Handloom Exports: Performance Analysis of 80s and Strategy for 90s. SEDME, 1995, 22(1), pp. 39-49. (with V.S.Pai and V.Vadivel)
Selected Book Chapters
- Prevalence of Child Undernutrition in India: Estimating Extent of Deficits Using Distri- butions of Nutritional Outcomes. Issues on Health and Healthcare in India, 2018, (Ed. De et al.) Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd, pp. 273-291.
- The quantile based skew logistic distribution with applications. Statistics and its Ap- plications, Proceedings Volume of Platinum Jubilee conference, Deparment of Statistics, Calcutta University, 2018 (Ed. Chattopadhyay and Chattopadhyay), Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd, pp. 51-73.
- Is India on the Path to Replacement Fertility Soon? Exploring the Role of Rural-Urban Differential Pace and Timing of Fertility Decline. Issues on Health and Healthcare in India, 2018 (Ed. De et al.) Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd, pp. 255-271.
- Under-nutrition among Children in India: Evidences of Gender Inequality from North-East India. Gender Deprivation and Empowerment of Women, 2011 (Ed. De, U.K. and Ghosh, B.N.), Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co., Germany, pp. 165-181.
Paper Presented in Conferences/Seminars
International (held abroad)
- A Disaggregated Analysis of Child Nutrition Indicators in WHO-SEAR Nations: Assessment of the Challenges for SDG Nutrition Targets in 4th Asian Population Conference, 11-14 July, 2018 organized by Asian Population Association, held at Shanghai University, Shanghai, China.
- Nutritional Deficit among Children in Developing Countries: A Model Based Improved Estimation Method. 3rd Asian Population Conference, 27-30 July, 2015 organized by Asian Population Association, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Nonparametric Kernel Estimation of hazard and density functions from duration of breast- feeding data. European Population Conference 2008, during 9-12 July, organized by European Association for Population Studies at Barcelona, Spain.
International(held in India)
- A wavelet based hybrid SARIMA-ETS model to forecast electricity consumption. Inter- national Conference on New Paradigms in Statistics for Scientific and Industrial Research organized by IAPQR and CSIR-CGCRI at CSIR-CGCRI, Kolkata during January 4-6, 2018.
- Assessment of Nutritional Status using Probability Models. Platinum Jubilee Interna- tional Conference on Applications of Statistics during December 21-23, 2016, organized by the Calcutta Statistical Association at Kolkata.
- Estimating Tail Probabilty for Anthropometric z-scores. Ninth International Triennial Calcutta Symposium on Probability and Statistics, during Decenber 28-31, 2015, orga- nized by the Calcutta Statistical Association at Kolkata.
- Distributional Aspects of Anthropometric Z-scores: Revisiting the Nutritional Deficits among Indian Children under Age Five. Workshop on Health Inequalities in India; Concept, Methods and Evidences during 23-24 June, 2013 organized by Institute of Economic Growth, at New Delhi.
- Estimation and Projection for HIV using EPP 2005 Software. International Conference on Environmental & Ecological Statistics with Applications during March 21-23, 2007 held at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- Nonparametric and Smooth Estimates of Survival Function for Duration of Breast Feeding Data in North East India. International Conference on Recent Developments in Statistics and their Applications during 3-4 January, 2005 held at S.V.University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
- Covariances (Inter & Intra) in Dose Reconstruction in Thermoluninesence Dosimetry based on Iodised Salt. International Conference on Luminescence and its Applications during February 9-12, 2004 held at BARC, Mumbai-400085.
- On the Estimation of Finite Population Transition Probability Matrix. International Conference on Statistical Inference and Reliability during December 21-24, 2001 held at Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Exploratory Data Analysis. National Workshop on Research Methodology during 7th – 13th June, 2017 at Shillong College, Shillong.
- Growing Inequalities in Child Undernutrition in India: Explaining Differences… National Seminar on Poverty, Inequality and Health in India with Special Reference to North-East India during 8-10 October, 2015.
- Estimation of Duration of Breastfeeding from Retrospective Data. Applied Statistics Unit, Indian Statistical Instituite on February 12, 2014
- Measurement and Estimation of prevalence of undernutrition among children from An- thropometric z-scores using skew normal distribution. National Conference on Recent trends in Research on Biological anthropology in the Eastern and North Eastern India, during 21-23 November, 2013, organized by Biological anthropology Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- Kernel Estimation of Hazard and Density Functions from Retrospective Reports on Age at Weaning. 29 Annual Conference of IASP & National Seminar on Recent Statistical Techniques for Data Analysis during October 26-28, 2007 held at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- Exploring Pattern of Preference in Content Selection: A Brief Study of Local Dailies. PLANNER – 2004 during November 4-5, 2004 held at Manipur University, Imphal.
- Determinants of Breastfeeding Duration in North Eastern States of India: A Hazards Model Analysis. 19 Annual Conference of Society for Probability and Statistics and National Seminar on Stochastic Modeling and its Applications durin December 24-26, 1999 held at Andra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India
- Indian Statistical Institute North-East Centre, Tezpur, Assam