Mr. Banbhalang Swer
Designation: Assistant Professor
- M.Arch( Urban Design ) and
- Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Planning and Development
- Ph.D Pursuing at the Department of Geography, School of School of Human & Environmental Sciences, North -Eastern Hill University , Shillong , 793022.
Areas of Interest/ Specialisation
Urban Design and Urban Planning
Administrative Responsibilities undertaken
- Teacher In Charge 2013 till date.
- Co Ordinator of DIC Department of Architecture 2017 till date.
- Council of Architecture, New Delhi.
- Member of School Board , School of Technology.
- Member of Board of Studies Department of ECE, SOT.
- Member of Board of Studies Department of Nano Technology, SOT.
- Member, Department Purchase Committee, Department of Architecture, NEHU
- Member, Screening Committee for Guest Lecturer, Department of Architecture, NEHU.
Papers presented in Conferences/ seminars
- 3rd International Conference on Civil, Architectural,Structural and Construction Engineering at Seoul South Korea on the 14th to 16th July 2017: Paper Titled : The Consecrated Sohpet Bneng Peak (Navel of Heaven) – The Meaning and the Need for Protection, Preservation and Conservation.
- COIN Two Day International Conference on Interdisciplinarity: Contemporary Research in Humanities, Social Sciences and Management Studies, (COIN – 2017) organized by the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, National Institute of Technology Meghalaya,21st and 22nd July 2017
Paper Titled : Conservation of the Built Environment in the European Ward, shillong.
- International Seminar on "Understanding Water Crisis: The Way Forward” 6 -7th June 2019. Paper Titled : Understanding and Analyzing the Existing status of river systems in Greater Shillong Planning Area (G.S.P.A): Its impact and future implication on the Environment.
- Presented a seminar on the topic The urbanisation pattern of North Eastern cities and its impact: A case of Guwahati and Shillong’, organized by NEICSSR, Title of the seminar was on 'Growth of Unplanned Towns and Cities in the North Eastern Region of India: Problems and Alleviation Measures.
- Construction of the Proposed Farmers Training Centre cum Dormitories at the office of the District Officer,Upper Shillong, East Khasi Hills. Project cost 8.5cr.
- Pre Qualified for the design competition of the World Class Landmark, Barik, Shillong, from the Department of Urban Affairs, Government of Meghalaya.