Dr. Jacqueline J. Thabah
Library & Information Science department
Designation: Assistant Professor
MLISc, NET, PhD (NEHU)
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
Knowledge Organisation, Research Methodology, Professional Competencies
- Semi Professional Assistant (October 1995 – January 1996)
- IGNOU, North Eastern Regional Centre, Shillong 793014
- Librarian (14th June 1996 to 17th April 2002)
- Lady Keane College, Shillong 793001
- Assistant Professor, NEHU ( Since 18th April 2002)
||Date of registration
||Approved by the School Board on 01/10/2019
||Competency Requirements of Library Professionals in Central Universities of North East India
||Jacqueline J. Thabah
- Life Member of IATLIS, Meghalaya Library Association
- As Supervisor of minor project on “Reorganisation and processing of Library Documents of the Anthropological Survey of India, NERC, Shillong” w.e.f May 2006 – December 2007 (Cost of Rs. 1,82,066.00).
- As Supervisor of processing the Library Collection of Nazareth Hospital, Shillong w.e.f. January 2007 - December 2007.
- As Co-supervisor of processing the Library Collection of St. Mary’s College, Shillong w.e.f. November 2009 to July 2010.
- As Supervisor and Consultant of Organisation of the Documentation Centre of State Resource Centre NEHU, Shillong w.e.f. August to October 2016 and January to March 2017.
- As Supervisor and Consultant of Organisation of St. Dominic Savio’s Higher Secondary School Library, Mawkhar Shillong w.e.f. October – December 2016.
- As Supervisor and Consultant of Organisation of Asian Confluence Library, Shillong w.e.f. July – December 2018.
- Thabah, J.J. (2001) “Information Needs and Information Seeking Behaviour of Housewives: a survey”. In: Library Herald, 39(1&2) p.65-70.
- Thabah,J.J. and Sumer, F.R. (2006) “A consortium for college libraries in Meghalaya: a proposal”. In: Manoj Kumar K. (ed) PLANNER-2006: Digital preservation, Management and Access to Information in the Twenty First Century, Ahmedabad: INFLIBNET p.437-444.
- Thabah, J.J. (2007) “Training needs of personnel working in rural libraries: a critical analysis”. In: Narendra Lahkar(ed) Proceedings of the national seminar on “Rural Libraries in the North East India: Problems and Prospects” jointly organized by the Dept. Of Library & Information Science, Gauhati University and Central Reference Library, Kolkata held on March 28th & 29th, 2007 p.157-168.
- Thabah, J.J. and Chandel A.S. (2007) “Reaching the weakest: an integrated approach to access and use information” In: Narendra Lahkar(ed) Proceedings of the national seminar on “Rural Libraries in the North East India: Problems and Prospects” jointly organized by the Dept. Of Library & Information Science, Gauhati University and Central Reference Library, Kolkata held on March 28th & 29th, 2007 p.395-400.
- Thabah, J.J. and Chandel, A.S. (2007) “Digital Conservation and Preservation of Newspapers: Problems and Prospects”. In: Buragohain, Alaka and Dutta, Marabi (eds.) National Workshop cum Training on “Preservation and Digital Conservation Methods of Newspapers, Magazines and Archival Materials with reference to the North-East”, organized by the Media Trust, Assam in collaboration with National Library, Kolkata and RRRLF, Kolkata at Guwahati held on the 21st-24th November 2007 p.26-29.
- Thabah, J.J. and Chandel, A.S. (2007) “Library quality measures”. In: Arora, Jagdish (ed) Proceedings of the 5th Convention PLANNER 2007 on ‘Library as a Global Information Hub: Perspectives & Challenges’ organized jointly by the INFLIBNET Centre, Ahmedabad and Guwahati University, Gauhati held on the 7th -8th December 2007 p. 209-216.
- Thabah, J.J. and Nonglait, Jusaphine L. (2010) “Stress Management in NEHU Central Library”. In: Laloo, B. (ed) Proceedings of the National Seminar on ‘Personality Development in the Library Profession’ organized by the Department of Library & Information Science, NEHU, Shillong, held on the 21st- 23rd October 2010, p.359-375.
- Thabah, J.J. and Chaphun Sumnyan (2017) “A Study of Competency Ranking In The Competency Models of Library Professionals : A Review”. In: Singh, Sanjay Kumar et al (eds) Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on ‘Transforming Library’ . Guwahati, MRB Publishers, Pp.53-63, 2017.ISBN: 978-93-83403-04-2
- Thabah, J.J. and Hirak Jyoti Hazarika (2017). “Information Needs and Information Seeking Behaviour of College Teachers in Morigaon District: A Case Study”. In: IJISS, ISSN:2231-6094 Vol. 7 No.2, Pp22-28.
- Thabah, J.J. and Eddie Jones Nongneng (2018). Library Digitisation: A Case Study of NEHU Central Library. In: Bridging the Digital Divide – Role of Libraries and information Centers with Special Reference to the North Eastern Region. Lyngdoh, B. (et al…) (Eds.). International Conference held on September 5-6, 2018 at Shillong College, Shillong. Pp. 335-340.
- Thabah, J.J., Jiarlimon Khongtim and Naga, Moses M. (2018). Impact of Information Literacy on Magazine Reading Habits of School Students of Shillong: A Case Study. In: Emerging Trends in Librarianship: Role of Libraries in Learning Environment. Elavazhagan, K. (et al...) Eds. International Conference held on December 10-12, 2018 at Indian Institute of Management, Tiruchirapalli. Pp. 236 – 242. ISBN: 978-81-929999-0-6