Applications along with self attested copies of supporting documents in prescribed format (Annexure- 1) are invited for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) - One Post to work in a DST-SERB (EMR) sponsored project.
|Name of the Project||Phytochemical and molecular characterization, bioprospecting of genes, value addition and quality enrichment of Bamboo through plant tissue culture technique from North East India|
|Principal Investigator||Mr. Arindam Barman
Department of Horticulture
North Eastern Hill University, Tura Campus
Chasingre, Meghalaya- 794002
|Qualification||Essential: M.Sc (Horticulutre) from a recognized institute/university with working experience on molecular characterization of plants/plant tissue culture
Expertise: Molecular markers, PCR, HPLC, Tissue culture, Bioinformatic softwares like NTSys, PopGen, Structure etc.
|Age||The upper age limit is 28 years at the time of appointment.|
|Fellowship||As per revised DST (SERB) Rules.|
|Nature and duration of
|The work will require extensive travelling and surveying in various parts of the North East India and demands rigorous laboratory work. The appointment will be purely temporary basis and will be co-terminus with the project. The PI and Institute reserves the right to terminate the engagement of the JRF at any time, if the performance is not found satisfactory. The person engaged shall not be entitled for any claim implicit or explicit for permanent absorption in the University.|
General Term and Condition:
- Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send Hard copy of completed application (Annexure -1) along with self attested copies of supporting documents to the Principal Investigator on or before August 14th, 2017 by hand or speed/registered post/courier. University will not be responsible for any postal delay of application. Applications received after the above mentioned date (14/08/2017) will be treated as cancelled. On the envelope please inscribe “Application for the post of JRF (DST SERB EMR)”.
- Candidates will be short listed for the interview based on the specialization and availability of candidates and other requirements as per the project.
- The date and time of interview will be informed via email or phone and only short listed candidates will be allowed to attend the interview.
- Candidates shortlisted for interview should appear in person with originals of certificates (one set of Xerox), and date of birth proof along with any other relevant information (like copies of publications, awards etc.)
- No travelling or any other allowances is admissible for attending the interview.
- Candidates will not be considered in absentia.
- The Principal Investigator of the project reserves the right to fill or not fill the JRF position or withdraw the notification at any point of time and in any conflict the decision of PI and Institute will be final.
- All legal implications are subjected to Tura jurisdiction only.