Mrs. Wandinecia Tariang
Designation: Assistant Professor
Joined NEHU on
M.A. (Economics), PhD
Areas of Interest/Specialization:
Gender and Poverty, Economics of Social Sector
Experience: 16 Years
- Life Member of North-East Economic Association
- Member of Meghalaya Economic Association
- Member of Indian Society of Labour Economics
- Tariang, W., Thomas, E. D. (2018). Poverty and Inequality in the Matrilineal Society of Meghalaya in the North-Eastern Region of India. Forum for Social Economics, https://doi.org/10.1080/07360932.2018.1441047
- Tariang, W. (2015): “Socio-Economic Status of Men and Women in a Matrilineal Society”, EPRA International Journal of Economic and Business Review, Vol.3, Issue 4, e-ISSN: 2347-9671, p-ISSN: 2349-0187.
- Tariang, W. (2015), “India’s Look East Policy: An Analysis of the Opportunities and Challenges with Special Reference to the North-East Region” in Look East Policy: Perspectives from the South-East Asian Architecture, Bhattacharjee, A. (Eds.). (2015), Excel India Publishers, New Delhi: Chapter 5, pp.28-32.
- Tariang, W. (2013): “Boosting Rural Tourism in North East India”, International Journal of Research in IT and Management, Volume 3, Issue 9 (September 2013); ISSN: 2231-4334.
- Tariang, W. (2013): “Boosting the Potential of Rural Tourism in the North Eastern Region” in Das, Manjit (eds.) Economy of North East India: Issues and Dimensions, Lakshmi Publications, New Delhi; ISBN: 978-93-82120-28-5.
- Tariang, W. and Eugene D. Thomas (2007): “Feminisation of Poverty: A Review of Recent Literature”, in Global Poverty - Eradication Strategies (Ed.) Bharti Thakkar, ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad.
Papers presented in Conferences/Seminars:
- Presented a paper on, “Women Entrepreneurs-The Era of New Women” (with Elizabeth S. Awomi, Research Scholar), in the 19th Annual Conference of North East Economic Association (NEEA) and National Seminar on 23rd - 24th March 2018, NEHU, Shillong.
- Presented a paper on, “Poverty and Inequality in the Matrilineal Society of Meghalaya in the North-Eastern Region of India” in the 3rd International Conference on Poverty & Sustainable Development -‘‘Strategies for Meeting SDGs’’ on 8th - 9th December 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Presented a paper on “Gender and Rural Poverty Interlinks in a Matrilineal Society- A Case Study of Meghalaya”, (with P.S.Suresh), in a National Seminar on Poverty, Inequality and Health in India with Special reference to North-East India organised by Department of Economics, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong in Collaboration with Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development, 8th – 10th October, 2015.
- Co-Convenor of 19th Annual Conference of North East Economic Association (NEEA) and National Seminar on 23rd and 24th March 2018, NEHU, Shillong.
- Visiting Fellow, Department of Economics, University of Calcutta.
- Convenor of M.A/M.Sc Admission Committee from 21st – 31st July 2018.
- Resource Person in the UGC-HRDC, NEHU, Shillong in the Refresher Course in Tribal Studies on 26th September 2018.
- Resource Person in the UGC-HRDC, NEHU, Shillong in the Short Term Course in Gender Sensitisation on 11th October 2018.