Dr. Devendra P. S. Negi
Designation: Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. (Physical Chemistry) from IIT Roorkee, 2001
- M.Sc. (Chemistry) from IIT Roorkee, 1995
- Post-doctoral Fellow: Chungnam National University, Taejon, South Korea (July 2001 - June 2002)
- Assistant Professor: Department of Chemistry, NEHU (June 2003 – till date)
Awards and Honours
- Received Outstanding Reviewer Award from IOP Publishing, Bristol, United Kingdom, in 2018 for Materials Research Express.
Areas of Interest/Specialization: Fluorescence / Colorimetric Sensing and Semiconductor Photocatalysis
Phd Awarded/Supervised: 2
- Wandibahun Warjri
- Siewdorlang Diamai
- Dipika Saha
- T. Inakhunbi Chanu
- L. Meerabai Devi
Administrative responsibilities undertaken:
- Member, Board of Studies in Chemistry, NEHU
- Member, Board of Studies in Nanotechnology, NEHU
- Member, Board of Studies in Biotechnology, NEHU
- Member, School Board of Physical Sciences, NEHU
Investigation of Photophysical and Photocatalytic Properties of Colloidal Semiconductors: Sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi (2006-2009).
List of Publications
- pH Dependant competitive N-de-ethylation and degradation of Rhodamine B photocatalyzed by cationic surfactant stabilized ZnS nanoparticles. W. Warjri and D.P.S. Negi, Indian J. Chem., 58A (2019) 554-560
- Cysteine-stabilized silver nanoparticles as a colorimetric probe for the selective detection of cysteamine. S. Diamai and D.P.S. Negi, Spectrochim. Acta A, 215 (2019) 203-208.
- Effect of pH on the interaction of hypoxanthine and guanine with colloidal ZnS nanoparticles: A spectroscopic approach. D. Saha, S. Diamai, W. Warjri and D.P.S. Negi, J. Mol. Liq. 278 (2019) 460-466.
- Catechol oxidase mimetic activity of cadmium sulfide nanoparticles for the oxidation of L-3,4 – dihydroxyphenylalanine. W. Warjri, D. Saha, S. Diamai and D.P.S. Negi, Materials Research Express 6 (2019) 035020.
- Sensitive determination of 6-mercaptopurine based on the aggregation of phenylalanine-capped gold nanoparticles. S. Diamai, W. Warjri, D. Saha, D. P.S. Negi, Colloids Surf. A , 538 (2018) 593-599.
- Spectroscopic investigations on the interaction of thioacetamide with ZnO quantum dots and application for its fluorescence sensing. D. Saha, D.P.S. Negi, Spectrochim. Acta A, 189 (2018) 516-521.
- EDTA-capped gold nanoparticles as a colorimetric probe for aluminium. S. Diamai, D.P.S. Negi, Mater. Res. Express, 3 (2016) 115002.
- Au@Co0.4S core-shell nanoparticles: synthesis, characterization and evaluation of photocatalytic activity. W. Warjri, D.P.S. Negi, Mater. Res. Express, 3 (2016) 095004.
- Synthesis of zinc sulfide nanoparticles stabilized by sodium dodecylsulfate micelles and evaluation of photocatalytic activity. L.M. Devi, D.P.S. Negi, Ind. J. Chem., 54A (2015) 1440-1445.
- Fluorescence-based selective sensing of 1,2,4-trihydroxybenzene using histidine-stabilized ZnS nanospheres. L.M. Devi, D.P.S. Negi, Mater. Res. Express, 1 (2014) 015008.
- Effect of starting pH and stabilizer/metal ion ratio on the photocatalytic activity of ZnS nanoparticles. L.M. Devi, D.P.S. Negi, Mater. Chem. Phys., 141 (2013) 797-803.
- Photophysical and photocatalytic properties of histidine-stabilized CdS quantum dots in the presence of indole. T.I. Chanu, D.P.S. Negi, Chem. Phys. Lett., 522 (2012) 62-66.
- Sensitive and selective detection of adenine using fluorescent ZnS nanoparticles. L.M. Devi, D.P.S. Negi, Nanotechnology, 22 (2011) 245502.
- Synthesis of histidine-stabilized cadmium sulfide quantum dots: Study of their fluorescence behaviour in the presence of adenine and guanine. T.I. Chanu, D.P.S. Negi, Chem. Phys. Lett., 491 (2010) 75-79.
- Surface-modified CdS nanoparticles as a fluorescent probe for the selective detection of cysteine. D.P.S. Negi, T.I. Chanu, Nanotechnology, 19 (2008) 465503.
- Photoinduced electron transfer in some photosensitive molecules-incorporated semiconductor/zeolites: New photocatalytic systems. M. Yoon and D.P.S. Negi, Proceeding of Indian Academy of Sciences (Chemical Sciences),114 (2002) 593-602.
- Photophysics and photocatalytic properties of Cd(OH)2 –coated Q-CdS clusters in the presence of guanine and related compounds. A. Kumar and D.P.S. Negi, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 238 (2001) 310-317.
- Photophysical and photocatalytic behaviours of Cd(OH)2 –coated Q-CdS in the presence of tryptophan. A. Kumar and D.P.S. Negi, J. Photochem. Photobiol. A, 134 (2000) 199-207.
- Photocatalytic oxidative C-C bond cleavage of the pyrrole ring in 3-methylindole induced by colloidal CdS particles. A. Kumar, S. Kumar and D.P.S. Negi, J. Chem. Res. (S), (1998) 54-55.
Papers presented in Conferences/Seminars
- Delivered an invited lecture entitled “Colorimetric sensing of Al3+ and 6-mercaptopurine using functionalized gold nanoparticles” at Third International Conference on Nanomaterials: Synthesis, Characterization and Applications at Mahatma Gandhi University, May 11-13, 2018, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, India.
- Presented a poster entitled “Photocatalytic degradation of methyl orange using sodium dodecylsulfate micelle stabilized colloidal ZnS nanoparticles” at Materials Research Society of India Symposium on Advanced Materials for Sustainable Applications, February 18-21, 2016, CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat, India.
- Delivered an invited lecture entitled “Selective sensing of 1,2,4-trihydroxybenzene in the presence of its isomers using histidine-stabilized ZnS nanospheres” at North East Regional Seminar on Trends in Colloid and Interface Science, November 27-28, 2014, NEHU, Shillong, India.
- Delivered an oral presentation entitled “Photocatalytic degradation of rhodamine B dye using histidine stabilized CdS quantum dots at International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, March 18-20, 2013, SRM University, Kattankulathur, India.
Collaboration with Dr. L.R. Singh, Department of Nanotechnology, NEHU, Shillong.